Help with motherboard and cpu temperature

Hello. 8 hours ago i turned on my pc to play. The fans were really loud, so i checked speccy to see my temperatures. The cpu and motherboard was and still is 90-100 degrees celcius. I can’t figure out whats wrong. The pc looks fine in task manager. I’ve reinstalled my pc, downloaded new bios, cleaned it from dust, checked for loose cables. I don’t know what to do and i’m about to lose hope. I am not very good at this, and i got recommended to create a topic here. 

Specs:

Windows 10

I5 8600k

GTX 1080

16 GB HyperX ram

MSI h310m arctic motherboard

corsair hydro h45 liquor cooler.

I didn't overclock. I played last night and it worked fine and i woke up and all this happened. I hope theres a couple of friendly souls out there that will be able to help :)

4 minutes ago, Puffing said:

Ther ma6 be a bad sensor, try another temp reader

hwmonitor says the same

2 minutes ago, noah3007dk said:

The liquid cooler is a year old.

It's possible it could be dead, especially if this problem started all of the sudden. A trouble shooting step you could take is to change out the thermal paste.

Also, please use the quote feature so I know you have responded (The little arrow at the bottom of my responses).

~Air Cooling Advocate~

5 minutes ago, Votivee said:

Dead AIO pump probably. How old is the liquid cooler?

year old liquid cooler

Just now, Votivee said:

It's possible it could be dead, especially if this problem started all of the sudden. A trouble shooting step you could take is to change out the thermal paste.

Also, please use the quote feature so I know you have responded (The little arrow at the bottom of my responses).

okay, is it something you buy or?

8 minutes ago, noah3007dk said:

okay, is it something you buy or?

Are you talking about the thermal paste or the cooler?

Did you build this PC or buy it?

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

Are you talking about the thermal paste or the cooler?

Did you build this PC or buy it?

Talking about the thermal paste. I build the pc a year ago and it has worked absolutely perfect up until now.

1 minute ago, noah3007dk said:

Talking about the thermal paste. I build the pc a year ago and it has worked absolutely perfect up until now.

Yeah so thermal paste is that grey stuff you put between the CPU and the Heatsink for the cooler. If you don't have any left over you can buy some from amazon or newegg. Clean the old stuff off with some isopropyl alcohol (You can get this at any drug store) and a paper towel and then re-apply the new.

But, since it just happened overnight your pump is probably dead. If you bought the cooler new it probably still has a warranty on it. I think Corsair's AIO warranties are something like 3 years from original date of purchase. It would be worth trying to call their RMA center.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

Yeah so thermal paste is that grey stuff you put between the CPU and the Heatsink for the cooler. If you don't have any left over you can buy some from amazon or newegg. Clean the old stuff off with some isopropyl alcohol (You can get this at any drug store) and a paper towel and then re-apply the new.

But, since it just happened overnight your pump is probably dead. If you bought the cooler new it probably still has a warranty on it. I think Corsair's AIO warranties are something like 3 years from original date of purchase. It would be worth trying to call their RMA center.

Will do that. Thank you for the help.