Windows 10 May 2019 Update 1903

mkU1tra762

Last night I went to Microsoft's website and forced the new Spring 2019  update. I really like the new light mode (however, I'll probably still use dark mode) and I LOVE that Cortana is separate from the search bar now. There are a couple other small changes, but the main thing I noticed was PERFORMANCE. I haven't seen WINDOWS 10 run this smoothly before. I am usually cautious about updating right when it available (especially with windows) and I wait to see if anyone has noticed any problems but my system has been so buggy after the paste couple of updates I thought "what's the harm now". If I just went to settings and clicked "Update Now" nothing would happen because they are rolling in out slowly so I still could be a while before everyone gets it but you can download it from their site if you want. I think they are rolling it out slowly so they can hear if there are any bugs and patch them before everyone gets it. I think this update is over a month late too. The update a couple months ago KILLED my gaming performance. I was getting 50 FPS in GTAV  on an RTX 2080 in 1440p. Now I'm between 90 - 120 FPS after this update. Outside of gaming performance, the whole UX is snappy. Just click the start button and you'll notice a difference. I wish this is how Microsoft always treated updates. I feel like this is the first version of Windows 10 that's acceptable for public use. Lets hope they keep it up!

CPU i7 8700K ( 5 GHz) RAM G Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3200 MHz) GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370 E Gaming Cooling NZXT Kraken x62 R2 PSU EVGA SuperNova 650 W 80+ Platinum Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA Display Dell QHD 144Hz 27'' Case NZXT H500 Black Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse Logitech G900 Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Not for me, the previous versions were better for me especially with the performance

I did a direct upgrade so my laptop runs slowly and I had network card driver problem so I tried a clean install 

at this moment, the driver problem is fixed using the troubeshooting tool in windows 10 which I like it but for the performance, it still like before

Still have to check it out.
It seems that it hasn't been rolled for my system at windows update, but I might try a manual update (I did the same for 1809)

Unlike many people, I didn't had any problem with 1809 and loved the new dark theme, let's see how good 1903 goes on my system.

Isn't it crazy how different it is for everybody?! I mean, it makes sense considering no one has the same hardware. 

CPU i7 8700K ( 5 GHz) RAM G Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3200 MHz) GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370 E Gaming Cooling NZXT Kraken x62 R2 PSU EVGA SuperNova 650 W 80+ Platinum Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA Display Dell QHD 144Hz 27'' Case NZXT H500 Black Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse Logitech G900 Operating System Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, mkU1tra762 said:

Isn't it crazy how different it is for everybody?! I mean, it makes sense considering no one has the same hardware. 

I don't know what people do wrong, but I upgraded Windows to 1903 on 4 computers so far with different configurations without any problems.

I've finally checked out 1903.

I got some issues so I had to made a roll-back to 1809 (never had to do this before, as I never had a problem with any Windows 10 major update since release on 2015)

Found problems with latency. That causes problems with real-time audio processing, and that's a no go for music production (something I'm into).

Also the taskbar with auto-hide enabled had many issues that never happened to me (taskbar rendering issues and low response)