RAM Issue?

So a few months ago I ran memtest and got 1 error after 12 hours or so. My system was stable so I didn't think much of it. Yesterday, I got whea uncorrectable error while duplicating a layer in Photoshop. I decided to run memtest64 and it came back with 1 error after 15 hours. I ran each stick on its on afterwards for 5 hours each and came back with nothing. Would it be safe to assume that because it came back with an error, the RAM is still to blame? Could there be anything else that could be causing errors in memtest? I don't run with an OC on my processor, but it is under volted. I've stressed for hours on end and it was stable. The only thing I have applied beyond the lower voltage is XMP. Like I mentioned, the system is stable 99% of the time and i really only had the 1 BSOD yesterday.

MSI Prestige 15

i5 10210u - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX 1650 Max-Q - 500GB SSD

Hinges still intact!

7 minutes ago, RocketJump said:

So a few months ago I ran memtest and got 1 error after 12 hours or so. My system was stable so I didn't think much of it. Yesterday, I got whea uncorrectable error while duplicating a layer in Photoshop. I decided to run memtest64 and it came back with 1 error after 15 hours. I ran each stick on its on afterwards for 5 hours each and came back with nothing. Would it be safe to assume that because it came back with an error, the RAM is still to blame? Could there be anything else that could be causing errors in memtest? I don't run with an OC on my processor, but it is under volted. I've stressed for hours on end and it was stable. The only thing I have applied beyond the lower voltage is XMP. Like I mentioned, the system is stable 99% of the time and i really only had the 1 BSOD yesterday.

I would run memtest a few more times overnight and see what the results are. If no errors after, say 2-3 runs of 12 hours you may be okay but If you get another BSOD or memtest error I'd suspect your RAM may be bad. If you have multiple sticks, you may be able to isolate which module is bad by removing one at a time (2 if you're using 4 modules) and running memtest a few times.

Did you undervolt VCCSA and/or VCCIO?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

40 minutes ago, nick name said:

Did you undervolt VCCSA and/or VCCIO?

Nope. 

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!

1 hour ago, steelo said:

I would run memtest a few more times overnight and see what the results are. If no errors after, say 2-3 runs of 12 hours you may be okay but If you get another BSOD or memtest error I'd suspect your RAM may be bad. If you have multiple sticks, you may be able to isolate which module is bad by removing one at a time (2 if you're using 4 modules) and running memtest a few times.

I'm going to run it overnight and see what happens. Isn't 1 error 1 too many though?

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!

Have you tried re-seating your RAM?  RAM creep might be the culprit.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

12 minutes ago, nick name said:

Have you tried re-seating your RAM?  RAM creep might be the culprit.  

Yep, I moved them from 1/3 to 2/4.

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!

2 hours ago, RocketJump said:

Yep, I moved them from 1/3 to 2/4.

Which slots do the manual instruct to use?  

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

Which slots do the manual instruct to use?  

Channel A is 2/4 and Channel B is 1/3 according to manual. I ran Memtest86 for 4 passes with both sticks and I got no errors. It's going to really bug me knowing that It's happened before even if it's not a regular occurance.

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!

I understand different slots for different channels and that most folks feel it's enough to simply use the correct channel combinations, but the correct slots as instructed by the manual is also very important. 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

I understand different slots for different channels and that most folks feel it's enough to simply use the correct channel combinations, but the correct slots as instructed by the manual is also very important. 

I agree, I made sure to check manual when I switched them last time. Between now and the first time I got 1 error a few months ago, I've spent A LOT of time on this machine playing games, editing photos and video ETC with no problems or crashes. If there is a RAM issues, what are the odds that the particular address wasn't used the entire time? I'm thinking pretty low but the consensus is that 1 error is too many. 

MSI Prestige 15

Hinges still intact!