Games for Switch

monjessenstein

Hey all, planning ot buy a Nintendo Switch next week, and am making a list of games that I plan on getting, so I'd like to hear some recommendations to fill out my list further. Currently I have:

-Zelda BotW

-Mario Odyssey

-Hollow Knight

-Smash Bros Ultimate

-Mario Kart 8

-Pokemon shield

-Mario maker 2

-Dark Souls remastered (is a maybe,  probably gonna check it out on pc first)

-DOOM

-CIV 6

I'd look at the Exclusives first.

DOOM to me makes little sense. That's best played on PC, same as CIV 6 and maybe Dark Souls.

With doom it looks like it runs not that great as the Hardware is not that strong, Civ6 is a game you'd want a Mouse for....

There are other Options:
If you like Classical JRPGs, Octopath Traveller is a good choice.

If you want something more modern, Final Fantasy XII is also awesome.

If you like the Koei Tecmo Warriors Game, Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors are a must.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

16 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

I'd look at the Exclusives first.

DOOM to me makes little sense. That's best played on PC, same as CIV 6 and maybe Dark Souls.

With doom it looks like it runs not that great as the Hardware is not that strong, Civ6 is a game you'd want a Mouse for....

There are other Options:
If you like Classical JRPGs, Octopath Traveller is a good choice.

If you want something more modern, Final Fantasy XII is also awesome.

If you like the Koei Tecmo Warriors Game, Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors are a must.

Mostly wanted to get DOOm and CIV 6 since Id'already played them on my pc and liked them, not sure about DOOM yet but for civ I wouldn't need fast and precise controls anyways. Main reason is since this is going to be my protable machine, much less as a home console. I'll be sure to check out Octopath Traveler, reminds me of SNES era rpgs which is nice.

20 hours ago, monjessenstein said:

Mostly wanted to get DOOm and CIV 6 since Id'already played them on my pc and liked them, not sure about DOOM yet but for civ I wouldn't need fast and precise controls anyways.

From what I've heard, DOOM doesn't run too well on the Switch. Its not really a game I'd play on Switch either...

CiV6 is a different story but here the Controls are the Problem, not necessarily performance. And that's one of those Games even I don't want to play with a Controller.

20 hours ago, monjessenstein said:

Main reason is since this is going to be my protable machine, much less as a home console. I'll be sure to check out Octopath Traveler, reminds me of SNES era rpgs which is nice.

Octopath is awesome on mobile, SMO is also pretty good.

Some other Games are somewhere inbetween and not that great on the normal switch as the screen is kinda small for the resolution....

But isn't it rumored that Nintendo might release another switch on E3 or around that time?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 5/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, monjessenstein said:

Hey all, planning ot buy a Nintendo Switch next week, and am making a list of games that I plan on getting, so I'd like to hear some recommendations to fill out my list further. Currently I have:

-Zelda BotW

-Mario Odyssey

-Hollow Knight

-Smash Bros Ultimate

-Mario Kart 8

-Pokemon shield

-Mario maker 2

-Dark Souls remastered (is a maybe,  probably gonna check it out on pc first)

-DOOM

-CIV 6

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu is not bad. Im currently playng thru it, reminds me a lot of Pokemon Yellow. Crash Bandicoot is pretty ok as well, they did well with the HD Remaster. 

I was looking at getting Diablo 3 next, heard it played pretty good on the Switch. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 6/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, Stefan Payne said:

From what I've heard, DOOM doesn't run too well on the Switch. Its not really a game I'd play on Switch either...

CiV6 is a different story but here the Controls are the Problem, not necessarily performance. And that's one of those Games even I don't want to play with a Controller.

Octopath is awesome on mobile, SMO is also pretty good.

Some other Games are somewhere inbetween and not that great on the normal switch as the screen is kinda small for the resolution....

But isn't it rumored that Nintendo might release another switch on E3 or around that time?

Most rumours (AFAIK) were going about a cheaper switch, and even so I'm going an vacation pretty soon so don't mind missing ot on it.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:42 PM, Donut417 said:

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu is not bad. Im currently playng thru it, reminds me a lot of Pokemon Yellow. Crash Bandicoot is pretty ok as well, they did well with the HD Remaster. 

I was looking at getting Diablo 3 next, heard it played pretty good on the Switch. 

Tried out let's go at a friends house, but compared to the regular pokemon games it was (imo) way too easy, plus kanto is sadly just one of my least liked regions. Didn't know a crash bandicoot remaster cam eout on the switch, so it seems like a good time to start with the series. Diablo 3 might also provide some long term fun, thanks.