What laptop should I buy? (high performance, non-gaming)

Hello!

Im sure these types of posts are everywhere, I couldn't find a "what should I buy"-tab in the forum.

Im looking for a non-gaming laptop with great performance. I work in the audio/sound-industry in Pro Tools and Reaper.

I want a laptop that does not focus on any gimics, touch screens, gaming graphics cards etc. 

The closest Ive come is the Asus Zenbook but I don't really want to pay a premium for a touch pad track pad.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bystah said:

non-gaming laptop with great performance

You mean great performance laptop that doesn't look like gaming laptop?

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

You mean great performance laptop that doesn't look like gaming laptop?

Where are you from? Budget? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Hey! I dont really care about the look, I just dont want to pay a bunch of money for a fat graphics card/high refresh rate screen that I wont use.

I am from Sweden, budget-wise Id say 1500 eur - 2500 eur around there. Weight and battery life isn't that important to me.

8 minutes ago, Bystah said:

I am from Sweden

Any links of online stores?

8 minutes ago, Bystah said:

I just dont want to pay a bunch of money for a fat graphics card/high refresh rate screen that I wont use

Weight and battery life isn't that important to me.

I suggest getting a well-cooled laptop even it has powerful GPU which you won't use since you also don't mind weight and battery life

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

23 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores?

I suggest getting a well-cooled laptop even it has powerful GPU which you won't use since you also don't mind weight and battery life

https://www.pricerunner.com/cl/27/Laptops This is the UK version of pricerunner.se I think it should have the same laptops

My main use of the laptop will be playing live with my band and running a Reaper session. 

Maybe a Dell Inspiron G3 3779 (T6FN6)?

On 5/31/2019 at 6:32 PM, Bystah said:

Maybe a Dell Inspiron G3 3779 (T6FN6)?

Mediocre cooling

With i7-9750H/8750H:

Lenovo Legion Y740 15

Acer Predator Triton 500

Asus GL504GV / GM

MSI GE75 8SE

MSI GS75 8SE

MSI GT63 8RF

MSI GE73 8RF / 8RE

MSI GP63 8RF / 8RE

Lenovo Legion Y530

HP Omen 15-dc (1050/1050TI/1650)

Alternatively, you can consider mobile workstations like Thinkpad P52/P72, Zbook 15/17 G5 and Precision 7530/7730

Let me know if you have other options in mind

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Hello,

So i was searching for a laptop for the around about the same purpose and i finally i went for a Razer blade stealth 2019. honestly the best laptop i have ever owned, the dongle i bought for HDMI and more USB 3 goes great and charges really fast and i do a lot on this laptop and i get 3-4 hours medium workload on this. 

the price was reasonable and i went for the model with the MX 150 4gb because i would need that extra graphics for light gaming on the train or waiting. do not go for the max model. not worth the touch screen.

I looked at other like the Lenovo x1 carbon, that is a great laptop, good looking with great performance but the price was a bit Naff for my liking.

Any other question just quote me,

Jacrispy

Daily Laptop Driver: Razer Blade Stealth 2019 13.3"