Trying to go wireless, good or bad?

Lukep123

Hello, everybody

I'm feeling quite a drastic switch up of my setup. At least, attempting to try and get rid of as many wires as possible - starting with my keyboard and mouse.

I've been going through quite a few wireless keyboards/mice, but none have captured me, unfortunately.

The current mice I've been investigating are along the lines of the  Logitech G903 & G502. The G903/G502 seems to be the best gaming mouse I’ve found, but If anybody has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them, as I’m not expert of wireless technology and if this mouse is as good as I think it is.

The main problem I’ve encountered is finding a keyboard. I’ve had the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2012 Original for quite some time, and I love the Blue Cherry MX switches, and would much prefer to find a keyboard with Blue or Silver Cherry MX switches, also hopefull 80% (Though 80% isnt that important, but that's the minimum I'd go for)
However, finding a keyboard that’s; wireless, has CheryMX blue/silver, 80% and doesn’t look like a spare part from a transformer has proven quite difficult. Does anybody have any recommendations of sites - or even more specific, keyboards you’d recommend that might met the criteria?

(Or if anybody would recommend against going wireless – as some people have mentioned connectivity issues or the time it takes to respond to clicks or keytaps)

No suggestions here, but as a casual gamer, I can say that I've found no issues with a wireless mouse.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Logitech's wireless mice are probably the best in the market.  I'd just take your pick from the latest mice that they have on offer.

As for the keyboard, you're asking for a very rare combination and the only one I know of is the Filco Majestouch 2 Convertible and I'm not sure if they have it in a UK ISO layout, just US.  Anything else is probably not a TKL board or probably doesn't have the same build quality.

Corsair makes a wireless TKL (the K63?), but the only problem is that the switch LEDs only come in blue (a darker blue and a lighter one if I'm not mistaken). Of course there's also that new one Coolermaster dropped that Paul did a video on, but of course that's only a 60%. CM might have more options but I'm not sure to be totally honest.

On the mice front, I've gotten some hands on with the G903 and I gotta say that it was nice. Hell, it pretty heavily influenced me to try and ditch my Strafe + M65 combo for a G Pro combo around the end of this year. Not having a braided mouse wire would be absolutely epic.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

12 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

Corsair makes a wireless TKL (the K63?), but the only problem is that the switch LEDs only come in blue (a darker blue and a lighter one if I'm not mistaken). Of course there's also that new one Coolermaster dropped that Paul did a video on, but of course that's only a 60%. CM might have more options but I'm not sure to be totally honest.

On the mice front, I've gotten some hands on with the G903 and I gotta say that it was nice. Hell, it pretty heavily influenced me to try and ditch my Strafe + M65 combo for a G Pro combo around the end of this year. Not having a braided mouse wire would be absolutely epic.

Thank you for your suggestion. Also, the G903 does look great. I think it'll end up being a 1 wire keyboard and probably the G903 or the G502 at this point.

13 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

Logitech's wireless mice are probably the best in the market.  I'd just take your pick from the latest mice that they have on offer.

As for the keyboard, you're asking for a very rare combination and the only one I know of is the Filco Majestouch 2 Convertible and I'm not sure if they have it in a UK ISO layout, just US.  Anything else is probably not a TKL board or probably doesn't have the same build quality.

Thank you. It'll be the G903 or the G502 - just waiting for some extra reviews of the new G502. Unfortunately, that's true, and it looks likely it'll have to be a single wire keyboard and a wireless mouse. However, thanks very much for your input.

4 hours ago, Lukep123 said:

Thank you. It'll be the G903 or the G502 - just waiting for some extra reviews of the new G502. Unfortunately, that's true, and it looks likely it'll have to be a single wire keyboard and a wireless mouse. However, thanks very much for your input.

Yeah, that's what I ended up settling with: a G602 mouse and a GMMK keyboard. I'd like to be full wireless, but alas, the tech isn't quite there yet.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

6 hours ago, Blze001 said:

Yeah, that's what I ended up settling with: a G602 mouse and a GMMK keyboard. I'd like to be full wireless, but alas, the tech isn't quite there yet.

Indeed. I was looking at that, but I am extremely fond of the Ducky One 2 RGB TKL RGB; https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4284

Probably with the SilverMX, only heard good things.