Really need help with My CPU fan not being seen by mobo

Basically i went out and got a new cpu fan, The noctua NH-D15. Everything seems to have went well so far. i can control the fans etc but everytime i boot up i get an error message basically saying "cpu fan not detected please check". I then enter BIOS and see that the cpu fan is not there. No RPM or anything at all. But if i change the fan setting to any of the 3 (DC,AUTO or PWM) it changes the fan speed and im basically at a loss. I already tried making sure the connection for the fans was in correctly and it seems it is. I am using both fans and the splitter cable. Could really use some help.

prolly put it on the wrong pwm plug, u need to set it to cpu pwm not cpu opt

r u sure its in cpu fan pwm on the mobo?

if that doesnt solve it just set in monitor mode, ignore cpu fan, it will remove the error

(◑‿◐)

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

prolly put it on the wrong pwm plug, u need to set it to cpu pwm not cpu opt

r u sure its in cpu fan pwm on the mobo?

if that doesnt solve it just set in monitor mode, ignore cpu fan, it will remove the error

Hi. I have tried both fans in the same socket one at at time and there is no problem. When i use the y splitter is when the problem seems to occur.

1 minute ago, saminam said:

Hi. I have tried both fans in the same socket one at at time and there is no problem. When i use the y splitter is when the problem seems to occur.

splitter removes the RPM reading, so its normal it doesnt see it with a splitter, thats why u have CPU and CPU OPT in modern mobos, its for 2fans :P ( with readings )

also i dont recommend using splitters on PWM sockets because if u try to pull too much amperage from a mobo it can damage ( through pwm )

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

splitter removes the RPM reading, so its normal it doesnt see it with a splitter, thats why u have CPU and CPU OPT in modern mobos, its for 2fans :P ( with readings )

also i dont recommend using splitters on PWM sockets because if u try to pull too much amperage from a mobo it can damage ( through pwm )

I am currently using the B450 tomahawk and it has no CPU_OPT. It does however have a pump_fan. Would you say this is actually a CPU_OPT simply with a different name ? If its a case of choosing between the splitter (having no rpm reading) and plugging each fan into the cpu and pump *and having a reading) id go with the second option.

10 minutes ago, saminam said:

I am currently using the B450 tomahawk and it has no CPU_OPT. It does however have a pump_fan. Would you say this is actually a CPU_OPT simply with a different name ? If its a case of choosing between the splitter (having no rpm reading) and plugging each fan into the cpu and pump *and having a reading) id go with the second option.

just put it on the pump fan , every pwm socket should have equal power suply, the only difference be that it will be read as pump probably in monitor XD

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

just put it on the pump fan , every pwm socket should have equal power suply, the only difference be that it will be read as pump probably in monitor XD

Ok man ty for the help