Best compact USB drive for portable OS?

Mclegendary

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a USB drive for a portable installation of Arch Linux. Ideally I'd like something compact, but also fast enough that it doesn't feel slow for someone who's used to an SSD. I want something smaller than the Corsair Voyager GTX, but with better random read/write than the Voyager Vega. What is the smallest USB drive that won't feel too different from an SSD? I'm not particularly worried about capacity. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

9 minutes ago, Mclegendary said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking for a USB drive for a portable installation of Arch Linux. Ideally I'd like something compact, but also fast enough that it doesn't feel slow for someone who's used to an SSD. I want something smaller than the Corsair Voyager GTX, but with better random read/write than the Voyager Vega. What is the smallest USB drive that won't feel too different from an SSD? I'm not particularly worried about capacity. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

I would get a portable SSD instead, https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SD700-Ruggedized-External-ASD700-1TU3-CBK/dp/B01N1GP6DT?th=1 there are many options for them, this being one of them. Not that small though..

The Kingston DataTraveler 50 comes in different capacities and is fast. :) Just make sure to get the red version:

DT50/32GB - Kingston DataTraveler 50 - 32GB

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would just get a micro sd card for flexibility, eg samsung evo 128gb with usb 3.0 adapter