Which one is better (price to performance)?

FatYeeterson

Hello to all, i was just wondering which of these 2 graphics cards is better, in terms of price to performance and yes i can afford both but keep in mind im from NZ so the prices are elevated compared to US

2080 - $1120 NZD

2080 ti - $1880 NZD

The 2080ti isn't 67% better than the 2080. What will you be playing? And on what display? What CPU do you have?

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

5 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

The 2080ti isn't 67% better than the 2080. What will you be playing? And on what display? What CPU do you have?

ive got 9900k and will be playing high end games and ray tracing games which is why im choosing green team

well in this case the 2080 would win, but i agree with goldenlag that the radeon 7 would be the better buy.

2 minutes ago, megaderp19xx said:

well in this case the 2080 would win, but i agree with goldenlag that the radeon 7 would be the better buy.

just looked it costs the about same as the non ti 2080 so is it still worth it?

if you game on 4k, yes it totally is. if you need a lot of vram for stuff, yes it is. but if you play at 1080p or 1440p then no maybe get the 2080. but if you need the absolute max power just get the 2080 ti

46 minutes ago, FatYeeterson said:

Hello to all, i was just wondering which of these 2 graphics cards is better, in terms of price to performance and yes i can afford both but keep in mind im from NZ so the prices are elevated compared to US

2080 - $1120 NZD

2080 ti - $1880 NZD

Either the 2080 or Radeon VII.

if you really want ray tracing, then I would suggest going with the 2080!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

37 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

even though there is almost no adoption?

ok sure. 

Well, maybe he'playing games that support it. Ever think of that?

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

19 minutes ago, FatYeeterson said:

just looked it costs the about same as the non ti 2080 so is it still worth it?

its only really worth it when it costs less. its essentially a battle of whichever is cheaper. and from what i could gather the Radeon 7 was the cheaper card. 

2 minutes ago, Eliptic said:

Well, maybe he'playing games that support it. Ever think of that?

yeah, i did think of that. and there is only 1 game that has good adoption, and it is still very pretty without RT

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yeah, i did think of that. and there is only 1 game that has good adoption, and it is still very pretty without RT

I mean.. there are like 10+ games who support ray tracing.

maybe not all run the best - but I can see more adoption in the future, as more and more games are supporting it. (Also TBR games)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

there are like 10+ games who support ray tracing

can you tell me the other 7 then? i only know 3

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Right, I did write my post wrong/read the info wrong. Meant there are like 10 games which have been announced to be supporting ray tracing. Also confused games supporting dlss, not ray tracing ?

Currently as as you said it’s 3 - BFV, metro and shadow of the tomb raider. 

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

10+ can't you read? 8 more games at least.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I mean.. there are like 10+ games who support ray tracing.

maybe not all run the best - but I can see more adoption in the future, as more and more games are supporting it. (Also TBR games)

2080 is less power hungry and quieter than the Radeon 7 tho. 

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

10+ can't you read? 8 more games at least.

are you really going to be that person?

1 minute ago, zhubaohi said:

Uh ... what does this answer have to do with the post you quoted me on?

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Uh ... what does this answer have to do with the post you quoted me on?

Misclick.

mb

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

are you really going to be that person?

My bad. ?

6 minutes ago, zhubaohi said:

Quieter, maybe. Marginally less power compare to the VII and if you start undervolting the VII it will become similar or even less.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Quieter, maybe. Marginally less power compare to the VII and if you start undervolting the VII it will become similar or even less.

yep... and both can trigger a psu, so no big difference there