Ryzen 5 2600x and Gtx 1070 ?

Im doing a pc upgrade and im wondering if these are good choice? Also right now i have 8 gb 2400 DDR4 ram . Should i upgrade too 16gb 3000mhz ram?  A

Im mainly thinking of doing 1080p gaming nothing more .

What do you have right now?

For 1080p you can get away with a cheaper rx 580.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

What do you have right now?

For 1080p you can get away with a cheaper rx 580.

Pretty much shit . G4600 and 1050 ti  and the mentioned 1x8gb 2400mhz DDR4. I will of course  also buy a new motherboard for the processor . 

For me honestly g4600 would've been enough but it its stuttering like crazy for me . Especially gta 5 and even cs go has sttuters. 

Just now, Flaneln said:

Pretty much shit . G4600 and 1050 ti  and the mentioned 1x8gb 2400mhz DDR4. I will of course  also buy a new motherboard for the processor . 

For me honestly g4600 would've been enough but it its stuttering like crazy for me . Especially gta 5 and even cs go has sttuters. 

A 1050ti is ok for 1080p, you could try getting something like an i5 6500 (they go for ~60$ on ebay) which would fit in your current motherboard.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

IMO your CPU is the really weak point here. Motherboard and CPU should be the top priority, then GPU, then lastly RAM.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

A 1050ti is ok for 1080p, you could try getting something like an i5 6500 (they go for ~60$ on ebay) which would fit in your current motherboard.

Interesting . I will consider . Btw is the stuttering caused by cpu? I just cant honestly figure out any other reason . Its just that my friend has the same cpu and its fine for him .

Just now, Flaneln said:

Btw is the stuttering caused by cpu?

Very likely, at least for gta v - csgo on the other hand should run fine even on a dual core, if the stuttering is very frequent there may be some other problem with your system. I'm pretty sure your graphics card is innocent unless it's damaged.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Very likely, at least for gta v - csgo on the other hand should run fine even on a dual core, if the stuttering is very frequent there may be some other problem with your system. I'm pretty sure your graphics card is innocent unless it's damaged.

Probably CPU but if not maybe shit ram or HDD?

2 minutes ago, Flaneln said:

Probably CPU but if not maybe shit ram or HDD?

the hdd could cause problems if it's old, check its health with crystaldiskinfo - either way I'd definitely invest 40$ in a 250gb ssd before upgrading anything else, it will make a huge difference in your user experience.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

31 minutes ago, Flaneln said:

Im doing a pc upgrade and im wondering if these are good choice? Also right now i have 8 gb 2400 DDR4 ram . Should i upgrade too 16gb 3000mhz ram?  A

Im mainly thinking of doing 1080p gaming nothing more .

I would buy the same stick at 2400 , if you can find ddr3 memory from 8 years ago yours should be without any trouble unless for some obscure reasons
The switch to xmp at 3 ghz, which boosts the entire system effectively provides for no more then 10 fps on 1080p i believe really not worth all that trouble when decreasing settings is much easier although maybe not that appealing, this with a 1060 3 gb btw i believe it was less gain on the 1050Ti...

The gents already delivered fine suggestions for cpu and ssd so i'l leave it at that ;):)

Gf!

1 minute ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

f you can find ddr3 memory from 8 years ago yours should be without any trouble unless for some obscure reasons

Kaby lake CAN be compatible with DDR3L, but that's not the same as DDR3 and you need a specific motherboard for that. Not a good idea.

Though I agree, high frequency memory while gaming on Intel CPUs has a small impact. Ryzen on the other hand...

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

40 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

Kaby lake CAN be compatible with DDR3L, but that's not the same as DDR3 and you need a specific motherboard for that. Not a good idea.

Though I agree, high frequency memory while gaming on Intel CPUs has a small impact. Ryzen on the other hand...

I'm not sure if i understand what your saying since the OP stated he has currently 8 gb's of ddr 4 memory in possesion. Is the current plan a ddr motherboard? Nah that wouldn't make sense with the intel 6500 advice

In the benchmarks I've seen, in terms of those YT videos where they compare different combos of different systems, combined with the reviews that show graphs of different combinations..  2700X and RTX 2070 are within a similar ballpark to each other, in that they don't bottleneck each other too much.  In other words.. if you get a RTX 2080, there isn't a big bump (or a big bottleneck).  After that, the CPU becomes a bottleneck and you're better off with Intel.  Below that.. RTX 2060 is a bit of a GPU bottleneck.

Translating that to 2600X and GTX1070.. it's sort of similar.  In that the GTX1070 is like and RTX 2060.  And the 2600X should have similar (slightly lower) gaming performance compared to 2700X, depending on how it handles multi threading.  This is all assuming that you are doing this strictly for gaming.

You should consider the 2700 or 2700X though, because games are going to likely be going more and more towards using more cores.  Battlefield V already does this, and it's likely to become a trend in the future.  There's a bit of future proofing by paying slightly more now.  In terms of GPU, GTX1080 might be a better choice.  But it obviously depends on your budget.  If you do any sort of multitasking or encoding, you really should be going for 2700X.

In a very broad general sense..  your CPU and GPU are within good reach of each other.. and should give a reasonable gaming experience, assuming you don't want to run on ultra detail for the newer titles.  But it's likely within the next 24 months, you're system will become quite dated and held back.  A 2700X and GTX1080 would give you an extra year, if it could be within your budget.  The good thing about these systems is that AM4 platform has upgrades left in it, without needing to buy a new motherboard.  So the CPU and GPU will be upgradable if you want to go for the cheaper approach.  A used GTX1080ti would be a good buy in the future, if you can find a good one for cheap.  And yes, 16GB of RAM is a must these days IMO.  Not for gaming specifically, but just in general.. for everything.