GaMinG pC from scratch

FYZX7

>ok

This is how far I've come with the parts, share your opinions below and suggestions for a decent motherboard (not above 200€ tyty)

CPU: i7 8700k

Motherboard: -

Cooling: Corsair H150i PRO (air cooling instead?)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

If I forgot anything then throw it at me below, the build is mainly focused on gaming but I want to be able to edit a video here and there and launch a stable stream / record my gameplay without feeling the loss of frames. 

much love

Highly recommend going with air cooling. Dark Rock Pro 4 or D15 are great coolers and will perform just as well as that AIO.

Before you buy anything, consider waiting for the Ryzen 3xxx chips to launch

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, FYZX7 said:

CPU: i7 8700k

yeah... i won't complain

Motherboard: -

aorus pro/elite

Cooling:(air cooling instead?)

yes

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070

i think i can fit in higher

4 minutes ago, FYZX7 said:

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W

nothing weird to see there

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2

overpriced for your needs

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

won't complain

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Highly recommend going with air cooling. Dark Rock Pro 4 or D15 are great coolers and will perform just as well as that AIO.

Before you buy anything, consider waiting for the Ryzen 3xxx chips to launch

I picked the AIO because I heard a lot of weird issues with beefy air cooler at idle temps of 90°C and so on with CPU's similiar to this one. Not much knowledge in cooling anyways, will these be silent and keep the °C's down as good as the AIO?

Even tho I'm on the hype train of Ryzen, all Ryzen's have had weird and unique issues in csgo I heard from my mates that have ryzen builds. And cs is my main game since ages so it's just save for me to go with Intel at this point.

will these be silent and keep the °C's down as good as the AIO?

If anything, a large air cooler like either of the two I mentioned will be quieter than an AIO.

Even tho I'm on the hype train of Ryzen, all Ryzen's have had weird and unique issues in csgo I heard from my mates that have ryzen builds. And cs is my main game since ages so it's just save for me to go with Intel at this point.

You never know what could happen. Just wait a few weeks or so before you pull the trigger

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Normally I'd be a big advocate of the 8700K or 9600K for a gaming rig, since they provide the best FPS in gaming loads. However, you've also stated interest in streaming and video editing. The 8700K does fall flat in streaming. In some games it's a stuttery mess, and in others it's smooth but there are significant drops in FPS. Here's a great video comparison (note GTA V and it's stutter on the 8700K):

Furthermore, the 2700X will also beat the 8700K in video rendering as well, as seen here:

pic_disp.thumb.jpg.ea71d96c706510d9c075b02180df51e7.jpg

As you can see, it is able to pull out a victory over the 9700K (which beats the 8700K).

So, all of that being said, I'd say do this:

I kept most of your choices the same, except the SSD. The savings allowed me to fit in an RTX 2080 instead of the RTX 2070.

So this is the state of the planned build as of now.

CPU

i7 8700k  
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15  
Motherboard Z390 Aorus Pro  
Memory Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz CL18  
Storage Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  
Video Card Either Pascal or RTX  
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply

be quiet! - Straight Power 11 650W

I gotta stick to Intel on this build because csgo is my main game and it's quite unoptimized for AMD, lots of people having unfixable issues since it's the game and not settings ..so Intel is just a safe bet at this point for me. I don't stream frequently or more demanding games like GTA so it's no biggie. I definitely stick to that SSD you suggested, I find it weird though that it's cheaper priced than a usual 1TB 860 EVO. The air cooling was suggested by @Slottr and the motherboard by @LukeSavenije. I took less flashy RAM because of the lower heatsink so it does not interfere with the cooler, I think the LED's would be hidden by the coolers heatsink anyways. I'll still have to look into GPU's since I'am lost in the market, I don't really know whether I will actually benefit from the raytracing, is the performance comparable to the Pascal architecture when I'd turn off raytracing on the RTX?

23 minutes ago, FYZX7 said:

is the performance comparable to the Pascal architecture when I'd turn off raytracing on the RTX?

2060=~1070

2070=~1080

2080=~1080 ti

p1 will slow down on how much it's filled, as it is qlc with slc caching, but overall it's a well performing ssd

how much is the price difference for you between the pro and elite?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

how much is the price difference for you between the pro and elite?

The Pro is 18€ more expensive than the Elite

53 minutes ago, FYZX7 said:

The Pro is 18€ more expensive than the Elite

well... it's only different in features really

@Slottr Do you think the NH-D15 could also take a i7 9700k up its chest?

34 minutes ago, FYZX7 said:

@Slottr Do you think the NH-D15 could also take a i7 9700k up its chest?

It could handle the 9900K even

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L