Mechanical Keyboard

Stardar1

Hello lovely members of LTT! I have chosen to reactivate my account and return from my long hiatus of all things tech!

I am in need of a new mechanical keyboard, and was looking at this keyboard from Das

https://www.daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional/

If you have other recommendations, here are my preferences:

Switch: Cherry MX Blue

Price: Under $200 USD

Backlight: White, RGB, or none. 

Macros: none needed

I would prefer a keyboard that doesnt come off as too “gamer”. Something simple. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

12 minutes ago, Lord Mirdalan said:

Oh they have MX Greens!

thanks for the input, ill do some research. I like the aluminum of the das, but these look good as well. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Do you need it to be a particular form factor?

The Massdrop keyboards are quite decent afaik. The Gemini Dusk/Dawn is available for pre-order, they are based on the K-type, like the Massdrop Ctrl. The Box White is the clicky switch option. 

Leopold is known for having good options in various form factors. Unfortunately their only clicky switch options are Cherry MX. 

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Do you need it to be a particular form factor?

The Massdrop keyboards are quite decent afaik. The Gemini Dusk/Dawn is available for pre-order, they are based on the K-type, like the Massdrop Ctrl. The Box White is the clicky switch option. 

Leopold is known for having good options in various form factors. Unfortunately their only clicky switch options are Cherry MX. 

I forgot form factor! Not tenkeyless. (There has to be a better way to say that)

I like cherry switches personally. Never tried a massdrop board

Solitaire. 

2 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

I forgot form factor! Not tenkeyless. (There has to be a better way to say that)

I call it worthwhile and correctly sized.

But my recommendation would be the Corsair K70 Lux, as it still works with the older (and vastly superior) CUE software. The K70 RGB MK.2 might work with CUE as well, but I can't exactly test that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.