PSU replacement help

Alice951

Hi, so i got a ACE ATX power supply A-750BR for my birthday along with other pc components (i5 2500k. gtx 670 2gb, 12 gb ddr3 ram and a asus p8p67 evo motherboard) but after doing some reasearch on the psu i've seen tons of reviews saying about how this psu just randomly blows up, stops working or all of the above after a short amount of time, what do people think of this power supply, i hope i don't have to replace it as i can't afford to replace the psu, if i do need to replace it what is the reccomended psu  to go for for a good price.

I unfortunetly can't reuse my old psu as it's only a 300w.

Yeah...the reviews say this thing is a ticking timebomb. It's a psu made for a machine with a gt 1030 or something along those lines, not for a gtx 670 that's for sure. I'd get something like:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FdRFf7/corsair-cx-2017-550w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020121-na

ok thank you, i'll have to go without a pc for a while until whenever i have enough money to get that

20 minutes ago, Alice951 said:

ok thank you, i'll have to go without a pc for a while until whenever i have enough money to get that

What is your budget? Cause this will be enough for your parts

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

i'm just looking for as cheap as i can get while still being enough and being a known brand that isn't going to blow up, i thought the power draw on the 670 was more than 400, learn something new everyday

1 hour ago, Alice951 said:

Hi, so i got a ACE ATX power supply A-750BR for my birthday

Oh man, condolences.

That was a waste of money, sadly.

Can you ask whoever bought it for you to return it and exchange it to a be quiet System Power 9 with 400W??

Might give them 10-15 Pound as well. 
But then you have a pretty good PSU for the price.

along with other pc components (i5 2500k. gtx 670 2gb, 12 gb ddr3 ram and a asus p8p67 evo motherboard)

That looks like a nice mid range/lower end System that should do 720p at medium-high or 1080p low-medium.

but after doing some reasearch on the psu i've seen tons of reviews saying about how this psu just randomly blows up, stops working or all of the above after a short amount of time, what do people think of this power supply,

I think those people might be right and its best to not use that PSU...

i hope i don't have to replace it as i can't afford to replace the psu, if i do need to replace it what is the reccomended psu  to go for for a good price.

I did, see above.

System Power 9 is the cheapest, somewhat reasonable PSU...

I unfortunetly can't reuse my old psu as it's only a 300w.

What PSU is that?

Remember that the 2500K comes with integrated Graphics.

So it might be possible to use that until you can get a decent PSU.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

i'm just looking for as cheap as i can get while still being enough and being a known brand that isn't going to blow up, i thought the power draw on the 670 was more than 400, learn something new everyday

w/o OC that system should be around 200-250W or so...

It depends on the Game and the Settings of course....

6 hours ago, Alice951 said:

thank you for all the help

What are you doing??

Using the PSU you got and kill your stuff??

so to give an update, i managed to find a Corsair CX550 for £25 unopened, the guy bought the wrong one, so i'm using that, thanks for all the help guys