Considering a new Ultrabook.

Hi guys,

I need an advise on a new ultrabook. I would be using it mainly for browsing, streaming QHD content and writing.

Unfortunately, I'm very picky when it comes to laptop because my expectations is to buy something that going to last at least 5 years with no regrets. Hence, the laptop must meet the below requirement

1. light and thin.
  2. battery life is important. (up to 9hr) and can be charged via USB type C. (fast charging would be nice). :)
  3. decent I/0 config. with 1 USB type A.
  4. 13' QHD display or slightly bigger.
  5. Touch screen (just a polite way of saying no Macs :) )

I'm currently rocking an ASUS ZenBook UX301LA which was an overkill and was ahead of its time. Its fantastic and performed quite nicely for the past 4.5 years. But the battery deterioration is real! (currently running at 65%/100%). not to mention that it was one of the first laptops to feature a 2k display which were power hungry.  keyboard and touchpad are starting to wear out, CPU bottlenecks are more visible now than before when browsing/ streaming content at QHD and data transfer. lastly, Asus stopped supporting that laptop in late 2014 and the drivers are really crappy. thank god that Intel is still supporting the WIFI module. Otherwise I would have downgraded to windows 8.1

So far, I think the new Huawei MateBook X Pro checks all the boxes. But I heard that Intel will be launching their 10nm Icelake-U CPUs later this year. at least have some hopes for better performance and power efficiency. what do you guys think?

Cheers,

What are you interested in. Do you want it to be usable for gaming or strictly for productivity. Also price range? (please say currency as well)

iPad Pro ;) I think the huawei matebook x is pretty cool. but i don't really trust huawei

Not sure what your budget is, but besides the Matebook X Pro, look into the Surface Book 2 and the Dell XPS.

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

If you want a laptop that can last (good longevity), consider premium business laptops

Why cannot be FHD display?

Prefer min how many hours of battery life?

Are touchscreen and USB C charging musts?

How light and thin? Give a range in kg/lb and cm/mm

Describe decent I/O (besides USB A)

Can accept 13-15 inch?

Where are you from? Budget?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128