GPU not working

Mr_Argon
Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

So the RX 460 is allowing the system to boot? If so, that definitely puts the conflict back onto the RX 480. If it is verified to work in another system then we are back to square one lol.

The RX 460 and the RX 480 have the same problem (fans rev up, but no beep and no display). The RX 460 works, I'm testing the RX 480 now

21 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

So the RX 460 is allowing the system to boot? If so, that definitely puts the conflict back onto the RX 480. If the RX 480 is verified to work in another system then we are back to square one lol.

I just tested, both cards work perfectly.

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

So the RX 460 is allowing the system to boot? If so, that definitely puts the conflict back onto the RX 480. If the RX 480 is verified to work in another system then we are back to square one lol.

I'm going to update my BIOS, and see if that fixes it, if not I'm just going to ask the guy I bought it from for a new one, or a refund (he builds heaps of PCs)

• 1 year later...

HI,I ran into the same situation as you. Did you solve it in the end? I upgraded the BIOS version of B75M-D3H to the latest F15, but my RX480 is still not recognized

20 hours ago, miaow90 said:

HI,I ran into the same situation as you. Did you solve it in the end? I upgraded the BIOS version of B75M-D3H to the latest F15, but my RX480 is still not recognized

Hi.

Updating my BIOS did work, and the card worked well. In the end it did die on me, but it was an ex-mining card, so no surprise there.

Can you boot off integrated graphics? Have you made sure that the PCI-E port works on your motherboard? Test it with another GPU.