Static Routes

Hi, I have 2 PC's on 2 different subnets. My goal is to be able to have the PC's communicate with each other by creating a static route. I have already established a route between both routers and both routers can ping the WAN and LAN ports of the other. However, I cannot ping any devices behind the routers; either of the 2 PC's. I have checked firewall settings to ensure they are not blocking ping request and have tried multiple different tests. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on what might be happening or what I am doing wrong? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks. 

Hi??? annnnnddddd... the rest of the post?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Hi??? annnnnddddd... the rest of the post?

Accidentally it enter early haha, its posted fully now.

What model router(s) do you have?

What subnets and how is it all setup?

Is it just PC1----Router_A-----Router_B----PC2

Can you ping from router to PC?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What model router(s) do you have?

What subnets and how is it all setup?

Is it just PC1----Router_A-----Router_B----PC2

Can you ping from router to PC?

Im running my test on two Netgear FVS336 V3 VPN routers but in the end will be using two Linksys LRT224 VPN routers. Both routes are using 255.255.255.0 subnet, no it is  PC1---Router_A---Modem----Router_B----PC2. I have Router_A destination to the LAN of Router_B  and gateway is the  WAN  address of Router_B. I have been able to ping from PC1 to Router_B, PC2 to Router_A but unable to ping PC1 to PC2.

3 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

Im running my test on two Netgear FVS336 V3 VPN routers but in the end will be using two Linksys LRT224 VPN routers. Both routes are using 255.255.255.0 subnet, no it is  PC1---Router_A---Modem----Router_B----PC2. I have Router_A destination to the LAN of Router_B  and gateway is the  WAN  address of Router_B. I have been able to ping from PC1 to Router_B, PC2 to Router_A but unable to ping PC1 to PC2.

It won’t work since both routers are connected to the modem, you would need to put a router before router A and B that is connected to the modem

9 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

It won’t work since both routers are connected to the modem, you would need to put a router before router A and B that is connected to the modem

So I need to have PC1---Router_A----Router_C----Router_B----PC2 

|

Modem

What is the reasoning behind needing a router before Router A and B?

Just to in case this makes a difference the modem is a Comcast business modem that is router and firewall.

35 minutes ago, Cmgroft said:

So I need to have PC1---Router_A----Router_C----Router_B----PC2 

|

Modem

What is the reasoning behind needing a router before Router A and B?

Just to in case this makes a difference the modem is a Comcast business modem that is router and firewall.

Yes, or you could only have one router like pfsense and have different subnets in that one router 

10 hours ago, Cmgroft said:

This sounds to me like the Modem has a switch in it, since you can "ping from PC1 to Router_B, PC2 to Router_A". If not, my recommendation would have been to use a switch between the modem and the routers, as opposed to a "Router_C" as other suggested.

Please show us the subnets each router is using, and the static routes you have created so far. Based on the ping you are able to do, you must be pretty close to a solution. The only other thing I can see messing you up is the firewall and/or NAT on the two routers.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: