Alienware is interacting with community!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151935568686973&set=a.139387336972.113372.71644901972&type=1&theater

I saw this post on my news feed. Pretty happy with this, even though the real PCmasterrace doesn't use alienware pc's.

Even tough i dont like alienware, i gotta say the steam machine is pretty cool :D

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

They do. I'm considering buying one of them.

I hope they release soon :D

Ruh roh. I have an Alienware laptop. Does this mean my PC Master Race membership gets revoked? :(

Ruh roh. I have an Alienware laptop. Does this mean my PC Master Race membership gets revoked? :(

No, alienware is a decent company, the immature folk dont understand the meaning of profit as they havent had a business before, those of us that have had a business will understand that the products and services they offer are pretty decent.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

to me it feels like the post is just there for damage control because they where the first to say their machine wont be upgradeable.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

No, alienware is a decent company, the immature folk dont understand the meaning of profit as they havent had a business before, those of us that have had a business will understand that the products and services they offer are pretty decent.

Doubling the price of a system you can get elsewhere doesn't make it better.

Hell, now that Job's is dead the Apple cultists are waking up to it.

to me it feels like the post is just there for damage control because they where the first to say their machine wont be upgradeable.

Just like Dell's, you can upgrade them, but you gotta pay THEM for the overpriced parts to fit in their crappy proprietary cases.,

Dell owns Alienware also.

Would have to agree. They aren't that much more then competing gaming pc brands and they do a great job on the laptops in some sections that other brands don't do a good job like cooling and the screen.

Just like Dell's, you can upgrade them, but you gotta pay THEM for the overpriced parts to fit in their crappy proprietary cases.,

Dell owns Alienware also.

its weird. i bought a gpu that are made for clevo laptops and it fits perfectly on alienware's "crappy proprietary cases". not only that, i was even able to put 2 of these gpus on crossfire with no problems. maybe you shouldnt rip on products you dont own..

its weird. i bought a gpu that are made for clevo laptops and it fits perfectly on alienware's "crappy proprietary cases". not only that, i was even able to put 2 of these gpus on crossfire with no problems. maybe you shouldnt rip on products you dont own..

So your argument is a laptop part fits in a desktop case?

And what about the inflated prices?    The usual. "You must be poor"?

From a bussines point of view? Yeah.

From a informed consumer who can build his/her own pc's point of view? No.

Doubling the price of a system you can get elsewhere doesn't make it better.

Hell, now that Job's is dead the Apple cultists are waking up to it.

How about i refer you to a few more things in your house, how about your car which you paid 4x the amount but had you built it yourself then you would be saving money, You have bread right, well if you grew that yourself then you would save money, coke costs around 3p for them 2 litre bottles, its sold for over £1. The world works around the tertiary market these days, in the simplest form that means doing a service for someone, had you done it yourself then you are likely to save money. Dont tell me dell id stupid because then you are just a hypocrite.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

From a bussines point of view? Yeah.

From a informed consumer who can build his/her own pc's point of view? No.

Of course as i said above, a service is done for someone that doesnt have time or the knowledge for something, if i could build a car then i would save a lot of money

Listen if you care.

Of course as i said above, a service is done for someone that doesnt have time or the knowledge for something, if i could build a car then i would save a lot of money

Little bit of a problem with that argument.  Virtually all computer stores have pre-assembled systems and will also assemble ones from parts you pick for less then $100 more.

Alienware is like Apple, you are paying a stupid amount of extra money for a LOGO.

Little bit of a problem with that argument.  Virtually all computer stores have pre-assembled systems and will also assemble ones from parts you pick for less then $100 more.

Alienware is like Apple, you are paying a stupid amount of extra money for a LOGO.

Its like getting a blu ray versus a dvd, sure the specs are the same but the support and cloud features that dell provides are amazing, this very pc which used to be a dell, technically it still is, the first one we got was damaged badly in shipping, it was like a crowbar went straight through it(oddly i built a pc before i got this dell and as you could imagine i was quite pissed at my parents for wasting money). see its a waste for me, the gamer but for a home or business user dell provides stuff we cant cant compare to, their rma system is the best in the world by friggin far. Computer stores are cheaper to stay competitive, its like a better college will make you pay more but they are likely to offer more services. I back dell up because they were a role model to me when i had my business(education meant it had to stop), im not sure about the us but i think dell had very reasonable prices, the xps systems are decent, the insprion systems are so cheap that i couldnt make a system of the same spec for the price unless i get a fake windows on and there are labour fees if i make one.

Listen if you care.

Its like getting a blu ray versus a dvd, sure the specs are the same but the support and cloud features that dell provides are amazing

Blu-ray and DVD are the same? 

Wrong.

Dell Cloud features are amazing?

Cloud services are a dime a dozen and mostly free.

Ignorance is bliss.

How about i refer you to a few more things in your house, how about your car which you paid 4x the amount but had you built it yourself then you would be saving money, You have bread right, well if you grew that yourself then you would save money, coke costs around 3p for them 2 litre bottles, its sold for over £1. The world works around the tertiary market these days, in the simplest form that means doing a service for someone, had you done it yourself then you are likely to save money. Dont tell me dell id stupid because then you are just a hypocrite.

But not everyone has the means to MAKE their own car, coke and bread. Just saying. I'm also pretty sure you can get other pre-built PC people to do it for cheaper than alienware. 

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Blu-ray and DVD are the same? 

Wrong.

Dell Cloud features are amazing?

Cloud services are a dime a dozen and mostly free.

Ignorance is bliss.

Customer service?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Probably going to be expensive has crazy, along with their other systems.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Customer service?

Outsourced.

Have fun dealing with some dude name "Roger" in some village somewhere in India.

Outsourced.

Have fun dealing with some dude name "Roger" in some village somewhere in India.

Given all the negative things you have to say, it's obvious that they're going to go out of business soon, yes?

Except, no. People have been saying all sorts of negative things about the Alienware brand for years. It's still here because there is a market for it, and it makes money.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Given all the negative things you have to say, it's obvious that they're going to go out of business soon, yes?

Except, no. People have been saying all sorts of negative things about the Alienware brand for years. It's still here because there is a market for it, and it makes money.

Because there is no shortage of suckers and Dell's main business clients are government agencies mainly

who don't give a hoot about how much things are costing because it ain't their money.

Dell got smacked with several million dollars in lost contracts years ago

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/32248.html

Nigerian 411 scams have been going strong for 40+ years.

• 2 months later...

Lets get things clear here, Dell is still Dell and Alienware is Alienware no doubt Dell has bought over them. In terms of Services and build, they are completely different department so please dont EVER mix them up together.

So far as I know Alienware highest end Laptop is the Alienware 18 which consist dual graphic Cards (Tell me which laptop in the market has 2 graphic card slots besides the 18) and It's sheer bulkiness is for better air ventilation which most laptop couldn't even propel heat properly. I'm not even trying to exaggerate or neither am I siding on any brands. To me, only FACTS are important. Alienware's market purely focuses on gamers laptop than a desktop. And we have yet to discover greater potentials in Alienware judging by their direction. Guys, the point here is this. 

Gaming laptops

Anything with highest resolution possible and FPS, Alienware.
High/medium Resolution, MSI, Asus
I'm not too sure with the rest of the brands, I am certain of the ones I've mentioned above worth what you get from consumer' point of view. As for Mac itself, which by fact is slower than Microsoft. It's harsh but it's true. 

As for Desktop, I would say building your own. If you want a beastly performances beyond this world, again build your own. Best start with Corsair 900D Full Tower Case or you wanna be more ambitious, Gaming "Desk" top where all your expensive gear have it's glorious moment of truth displayed.

Nah bro, just crazy talk, you spend your money on the PC you want... is your money after all.  :)