Looking for a headphones for gaming

jamesisninja

So I've got a Blue Snowball with a pop filter, and I'm buying a shock mount for it soon too and my Logitech G930 is starting to go, the battery lasts for maybe 1-2 hours, the faux leather crud on the ear cups is falling off, the mic swing has lost all force and just falls down. I think it's time for a new headset. I probably want to spend no more then 200 dollars. As long as that can get me a solid headset for gaming, movies and music. Since I have the snowball I don't need a headset with a mic or anything since snowball! This is in Canada land btw! 

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

If you have a mic already, there's no point in buying a headset.

You need to look at buying some headphones.Not sure about canada pricing, but these are my standard recomendations for $200.

AKG K612, DT 880/770 (80 ohm), AD700x.

If you have a mic already, there's no point in buying a headset.

You need to look at buying some headphones.Not sure about canada pricing, but these are my standard recomendations for $200.

AKG K612, DT 880/770 (80 ohm), AD700x.

I hear lots of talk of AT M50s are they a good option? Amazon Canada has them for 200 right now.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

I hear lots of talk of AT M50s are they a good option? Amazon Canada has them for 200 right now.

For gaming, the M50s are a bad option. $200 for them is also really overpriced even for Canada.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

For gaming, the M50s are a bad option. $200 for them is also really overpriced even for Canada.

Oh, alright. I really like the look of those AD700x 's I might spring for those 

M50's are okay if you can get them around 100$, but they're quite uncomfortable. They have a really narrow soundstage though, so not very good for gaming. AD700X are some of the best headphones for gaming, due to their wide soundstage, but some people here will tell you that they are lacking in bass. Your choice if that's good or bad.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

look into fischer fa-003 clones, amazing for the price

They're incredibly uncomfortable and the quality is below average.

I bought them from amazon, and they went right back in the box after about 10 minutes.

It interesting that you say that. I game using my M50's and I quite enjoy the experience.

M50's are okay if you can get them around 100$, but they're quite uncomfortable. They have a really narrow soundstage though, so not very good for gaming. AD700X are some of the best headphones for gaming, due to their wide soundstage, but some people here will tell you that they are lacking in bass. Your choice if that's good or bad.

Maybe it's just my head shape but I have never experienced any discomfort in 4-6 hour gaming sessions with my M50's. I strongly recommend them when in the $100USD price range.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

They're incredibly uncomfortable and the quality is below average.

I bought them from amazon, and they went right back in the box after about 10 minutes.

they are pillows on your ears

link them plz, you would be the only person I have ever known to say they are uncomfortable

these are the clones http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46586_NVX-Audio-XPT100.html

they also have other brands like brainwaves

they are pillows on your ears

link them plz, you would be the only person I have ever known to say they are uncomfortable

these are the clones http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46586_NVX-Audio-XPT100.html

they also have other brands like brainwaves

They were the brainwavz. I have a large head so that might be a problem.

They were the brainwavz. I have a large head so that might be a problem.

ok then so 10 minutes back in box but below average quality

so your time with them you concluded this oh and large head

sounds logical