Windows 7 can't detect Network Adapters/Networks

Go to solution Solved by Renzov,
8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Anything show up in the device manager? Maybe a device with an ! next to it? Because my first guess is its a driver issue. 

6 hours ago, K3rupt said:

Try removing the Driver through device manager and heading over to the manufacturers webpage and re downloading 

Fail that, Have you tried a different cable?

Best bet might be just to grab either a USB - RJ45 Adaptor

Or even a PCI Internal Ethernet Port, The onboard might of carked it, Ive had VERY Similar problems and it was just a pest, a different port solved all the problems, Bad co-incodence but it might of died in transit 

well I just tried to system restore and mid restoration it failed and after that It was connected and working with the ethernet, soooo yeah, windows is amazing... anyways thanks you guys for taking time to try to help. Have a great day !

I am essentially the I.T. guy for my office (I intern at a research center that's just 4 biologists). There was a computer which was brought from an employees house and was working just fine there (I saw it working fine just a few days prior). The moment it was connected cia ethernet to the office network it was beyond slow(took 5min to fully load a 5mb picture of our NAS), Then decided to fully stop detecting any network. I've tried tethering through my phone, wifi adapter, different ethernet cables, brought it home and nothing. When I use trouble shoot launcher it says"Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting"   

**also the the network adapters show up in device manager just not the "change adapter settings" in network and sharing center and when I right clikc in it it just says "The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections is enabled and running."

Long story short:

*Windows 7 computer was working fine

*brought to office to use here and wouldnt connect to any network

*no network adapters show up in "Change adapter settings"

Any input /help would be amazing!

thanks,

your local tech addict

2 hours ago, Renzov said:

I am essentially the I.T. guy for my office (I intern at a research center that's just 4 biologists). There was a computer which was brought from an employees house and was working just fine there (I saw it working fine just a few days prior). The moment it was connected cia ethernet to the office network it was beyond slow(took 5min to fully load a 5mb picture of our NAS), Then decided to fully stop detecting any network. I've tried tethering through my phone, wifi adapter, different ethernet cables, brought it home and nothing. When I use trouble shoot launcher it says"Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting"   

**also the the network adapters show up in device manager just not the "change adapter settings" in network and sharing center and when I right clikc in it it just says "The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections is enabled and running."

Long story short:

*Windows 7 computer was working fine

*brought to office to use here and wouldnt connect to any network

*no network adapters show up in "Change adapter settings"

Any input /help would be amazing!

thanks,

your local tech addict

Anything show up in the device manager? Maybe a device with an ! next to it? Because my first guess is its a driver issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Try removing the Driver through device manager and heading over to the manufacturers webpage and re downloading 

Or even a PCI Internal Ethernet Port, The onboard might of carked it, Ive had VERY Similar problems and it was just a pest, a different port solved all the problems, Bad co-incodence but it might of died in transit 

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

6 hours ago, K3rupt said:

well I just tried to system restore and mid restoration it failed and after that It was connected and working with the ethernet, soooo yeah, windows is amazing... anyways thanks you guys for taking time to try to help. Have a great day !