Could use some help with my build list

I cant decide on motherboards

either Asrock phantom gaming 9 or

Asus maximus hero 9 or

The gigabyte aorus master

CPU cooler I want to start with a fan since you can always upgrade to a aio plus nervous putting water in my PC ? so I choose the

Dark rock pro 4

Memory corsair vengeance lpx 32gb 

Storage Samsung 860 evo 1tb m.2. Ssd

Video card Asus geforce rtx 2080 8gb rog strix

Case nzxt h700i.... not sure about the case

Power supply evga supernova g3 750 w 80+ gold.

This is as far as I've gotten, there's so many new parts and pieces coming out everyday. Getting back into building and I feel like I'm coming from the stone age. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also monitors I'm looking at 144hz at 1440p what would you recommend?

i would reccomend using a really fast m.2 if youre going to use it. for motherboard i would want the gigabyte if its not as expensive as the MAXIMUS HERO 9. everything else is ok, i would not get that PSU too tbh (kinda loud)

What is the pc going to be used for ? Just gaming/streaming ?

Gaming streaming video editing. For the motherboards the difference is about 30 or 40 dollars. I was leaning toward the gigabyte assell not because of price but it seems to have more features, only real compliant I could find was that the bios wasn't great. Also.on my PC part list when I pick the gigabyte it throws a bunch of warnings in compatibility. The Asus didnt also has alot of features, but has some pretty bad reviews that I'm not sure if it people that don't know what they are doing or just bad product.  looked around the Samsung evos are supposed to be fast yet affordable. I plan to add more down the road if thags what you meant.What m.2 would you recommend also what psu? Thanks for your help much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Asaltnado said:

Gaming streaming video editing. For the motherboards the difference is about 30 or 40 dollars. I was leaning toward the gigabyte assell not because of price but it seems to have more features, only real compliant I could find was that the bios wasn't great. Also.on my PC part list when I pick the gigabyte it throws a bunch of warnings in compatibility. The Asus didnt also has alot of features, but has some pretty bad reviews that I'm not sure if it people that don't know what they are doing or just bad product.  looked around the Samsung evos are supposed to be fast yet affordable. What m.2 would you recommend also what psu? Thanks for your help much appreciated.

The Gigabyte bios isn't as polished as Asus, but they do have better boards at the same price point. The Gigabyte Master has a far better VRM than the Asus Hero. Any of the Aorus boards will handle a 9900K though. 

You looking at an NVMe SSD ? A Samsung 970 Evo/Evo plus or Pro or a different brand like a Corsair MP510, WD Black or Adata SX8200 Pro etc would do fine for that. Should help when editing and working with large files.

For the psu I would look at the Corsair RMx. 

Also just remember that AMD have new cpu's due out around July. There should be an official announcement at computex at the end of this month.

52 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The Gigabyte bios isn't as polished as Asus, but they do have better boards at the same price point. The Gigabyte Master has a far better VRM than the Asus Hero. Any of the Aorus boards will handle a 9900K though. 

You looking at an NVMe SSD ? A Samsung 970 Evo/Evo plus or Pro or a different brand like a Corsair MP510, WD Black or Adata SX8200 Pro etc would do fine for that. Should help when editing and working with large files.

For the psu I would look at the Corsair RMx. 

Also just remember that AMD have new cpu's due out around July. There should be an official announcement at computex at the end of this month.

So why is the gigabyte motherboard cheaper than others that we've listed. I have a few ideas like more mass production, a lesser known company so people like me are less like likely to buy their product.... ect. I haven't looked at those other ssds. It's been a long time since I've built a PC, I'm coming off a console so there's alot to take in.also couldnt I add more ssd down the road? 

Thanks for the recommendation for the psu I'll check it out.

I was looking at AMD and it looks like they could be pushing back the release date to 2020 that could be false though. Cant believe everything you read on the internet ?. Also Amazon is possibly coming out with there own CPU's... again could just be a rumor. It would be awesome if AMD came out with a better CPU. The question is what's the pricetag that will come with it? AMD has always been competitive and affordable. And If I switched to a AMD CPU how much of my current build would need to be adjusted? Still need to get my monitors, keyboard, headset, mic, and camera figures out. I have some ideas for all of them again if you have any suggestions that would help greatly. For mouse a logitech g502 hero seems like a good one. For keyboard a membrane logitech to keep mic feedback low. Headset the hyperx cloud revolver s.

I've tried researching as much as possible on my own and going into bestbuy or any electronics store. it can be hard to tell when they are full of it or actually know what they are saying. Plus like I said I feel like a nub now looking at parts there's just so many now! And so many different opinions. 

At the moment Gigabyte Z390 motherboards are in favor with enthusiasts as their power delivery is considered superior. But any reasonably priced mainstream boards are going to do a good job.

The Asus Maximus Hero IX (9) is not compatible with the i9-9900K. The correct Hero motherboard is the XI (11). PCPartPicker.com shows the Aorus Master about $6 less expensive than the Hero XI. Not really that much of a difference.

I'd suggest going with the 2.5" version of the 860 Evo. My preference is to leave M.2 slots for NVMe drives.

Take a look at the new Fractal Design Meshify S2 case. Excellent airflow.

I'd suggest an RMx psu. Apparently the G3 has some issues with power protections.

If you go with a Gigabyte motherboard and windowed case I'd suggest getting an Aorus gpu so that the RGB will sync.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($494.79 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($179.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($147.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB AORUS Video Card  ($799.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify S2 Black – TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($162.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2260.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-12 23:56 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@Asaltnado

You can't always go off price to judge quality. Asus have always been expensive especially compared to the likes of ASRock and MSI etc. With the Z390 boards Gigabyte have stepped it up a gear whereas Asus have taken a step or two backwards imo. There are some solid Asus Z390 boards (VRM wise) but you are looking at the high end models for that. With Gigabyte you get a pretty solid VRM even on the entry Z390 UD board.

As for storage yes you can add more SSD's later on.

The AMD cpu's haven't been officially announced yet, but that should change at Computex. I haven't heard about any delay to 2020. If you went down the AMD route it would just be a case of changing the board to a B450/X470 or waiting for the new X570 to release along with the 3000 series cpu's.

I am not really clued up on peripherals so I will let someone else chime in on that.

Thanks @lee32uk and @brob . I wasnt sure if I really wanted that nzxt case as airflow seemed pretty limited. That meshify is one that I was looking at changing just wasn't sure, But that will be my case now. Very valid point the gigabyte price doesnt equal quality especially when competing with companies that are better known. Also looks like the rmx psu is one you both recommend. So the 2.5, do you like it better because they seem to be easier to handle and install or just a personal preference? Luckily the motherboard I had typed first the hero 9 was a typo. that would would have been bad if It was on my list and ordered it.

For monitors I've noticed some really like 1440p over 1080p but majority use 1080p as it's cheaper. But getting the graphics card I have wouldn't it be better to use it for better quality gaming. To me they look like the sweet spot but at the same time I dont mind 1080p at all as it is very clear. The price though for say a extra 100 dollars for double the pixels... another is price worth quality question. Thanks for your time and help.

I like to reserve M.2 connections for NVMe drives which is why I use 2.5" instead of M.2 for SATA III drives. Others always prefer M.2 as it eliminates two cables. It really is mostly a matter of personal preference.

Ok makes sense. I'm guessing the difference is minimal also. For myself right now I'd like to go with whatever is easiest to manage as I'm playing catch up with all the new stuff coming out. I'm like a little kid in a candy store. Also do you use a aio cooler is seems they have come a long way but still water and pcs dont mix.

I do use aio. It really comes down to needs. If one has a windowed case and aio allows for a much nicer display. Also, some aio offer more headroom for overclocking. OTH, tower coolers are failsafe while aio are not.

Ok how long have you had your aio how often do you run your PC if you dont mind me asking and have you ever had one leak? Some say they are alot of maintenance others say it's simple. For the most part I can tell how well you can work with pcs thatmales a aio easy. But like you said there no fail safe if it does leak. Out the gate I dont plan on overclocking gotta get use to the bios and playing on a PC in general.

I hate to tempt fate, but here goes. I have built several machines with aio. One has run 24x7 for the last 6 - 7 years with an occasional move. Another is used mainly for video and audio work but probably runs less than 60 hrs/week, it's about five years old. It has never been moved. I've never had a leak. Mostly though I tend to use air coolers, especially for office type builds.

Wow @brob that's impressive! Yeah tempting fate can be dangerous, I hope it stays that way! That is interesting though, do you do regular maintenance on it or just installed it, and it's been that's way since. I guess the seals and coating on the tubes very strong. I'll start with fan's ofcourse though less risk and can always upgrade to a aio. What aio are you using that you run 24hrs? I also get they make your PC look nice and the rgb is cool but I'd rather be safer than sorry and the whole rgb again is cool but I'm not that crazy about it. I can live without it I'd rather my PC works properly than trying to make it look cool. Kinda like a car people will spend money on a exhaust to make it sound or look cool but doesnt do anything when you could spend the money on something that would make it perform better. 

Apologizes if you were talking about bit rgb instead of rgb like the lights on all the pcs airhead moment.

If memory serves the aio that runs 24x7 is an Antec Kuhler 620. Not the greatest, even in its day. But it does have a relatively low delta going from idle to load. 

Every few years, if a case is open I will vacuum out any excess dust. I don't generally do regular cleanings unless the unit is in a very dirty environment. It's been my experience that the less fiddling done, the less chance of something breaking.

Sorry took so long to reply been sick that's actually amazing after seeing so many builds fail from one leaking unfortunately. I agree too... one of the oldest quotes," if it isn't broke dont mess with it". So how long have you been building pcs you definitely know your stuff! It's nice to know that there are still people out there willing to help other not just trying to troll people.

How much video editing are you doing and what software are you using to do it?

2 hours ago, Asaltnado said:

Sorry took so long to reply been sick that's actually amazing after seeing so many builds fail from one leaking unfortunately. I agree too... one of the oldest quotes," if it isn't broke dont mess with it". So how long have you been building pcs you definitely know your stuff! It's nice to know that there are still people out there willing to help other not just trying to troll people.

My first pc was an Osborne 1 ?. If memory serves, my first build used an 80386.

15 hours ago, brob said:

My first pc was an Osborne 1 ?. If memory serves, my first build used an 80386.

Osborne 1 ?wow so I take it you've been around computers all your life? Truly I'm still figuring out everything, I had other things that had to come first unfortunately so I'm really far behind. For software no idea yet ? I'm trying to do as much research from the ground up. Basically learning everything all over again except on a whole different scale. Video editing whill just compose of gaming and usually can put in a 12hr+ day. So probably do a game day then a editing day or 50/50. Right now on console I'm just using twitch. I deffiantly plan to expand but I have a very outdated laptop that is a pain setting up profile pages and links stuff like that. Eventually I would like to help do build guides and mabey even design and modifaction guides to makes parts better. But that's way in the future gotta crawl first.

Any recommendations? Also I do like the meshify case s2. It is a pain finding the right case that has all the right ports for what you want to do ontop of being able to house all the parts.

6 hours ago, Asaltnado said:

Any recommendations? Also I do like the meshify case s2. It is a pain finding the right case that has all the right ports for what you want to do ontop of being able to house all the parts.

Phanteks P600S is a good case. The looks are subjective though.

http://www.phanteks.com/Eclipse-P600s.html

On 5/17/2019 at 7:19 AM, Bearmann said:

How much video editing are you doing and what software are you using to do it?

?

6 hours ago, Asaltnado said:

There are a few cases that have front USB C ports if that is what you are looking for. For example,

Define R6 USB-C Black – TG

https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r6-usb-c-black-tg

Corsair 678C

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Carbide-Series-678C-Low-Noise-Tempered-Glass-ATX-Case/p/CC-9011170-WW#tab-overview

Ok what's with the big fuss over USB c other than for charging purposes?

Also what editing software would you use paired with windows 10 64 bit or would you choose a different os aswell?