Revised $3000 build???

rinus
Go to solution Solved by ForeseenVisionz,

May I ask where you are buying these parts in Australia for those prices? 

Hi all,

A reviewed version of my last build log that failed. I would appreciate any expertise on this matter. Thanks in advance.

ASUS ROG VI FORMULA - $310
Samsung 840 EVO 240GB - $ 152
2TB HDD for storage (already have it).
As well as audio system.
ASUS 3G GTX 780 - $520  X2
i5-4670K - $235
SATA DVD RW Samsung - $19
8G Kit 2400 Kingston - $106
Aerocool XPredator X3 Avenger - $200
Corsair RM 850W - $190
Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $29
ASUS VG248QE - $274 X2
Death Adder 2013
+ some other keyboard that I can't remember the name of....

------- HMMMMMH --------

Oh yeah + an Aerocool Original Avenger. + 53 Noctua NF fans...

------- HMMMMMH --------

Hi all,

A reviewed version of my last build log that failed. I would appreciate any expertise on this matter. Thanks in advance.

ASUS ROG VI FORMULA - $310
Samsung 840 EVO 240GB - $ 152
2TB HDD for storage (already have it).
As well as audio system.
ASUS 3G GTX 780 - $520  X2
i5-4670K - $235
SATA DVD RW Samsung - $19
8G Kit 2400 Kingston - $106
Aerocool XPredator X3 Avenger - $200
Corsair RM 850W - $190
Noctua NF-A15-PWM - $29
ASUS VG248QE - $274 X2
Death Adder 2013
+ some other keyboard that I can't remember the name of....

cpu cooler? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

cpu cooler? 

damn, you beat me to it

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

cpu cooler? 

Ah yeah sorry u Noctua NH-D14. 

Also will the power be enough though for 2x 780's or will 750 be enough??? Added I will be doing 3D gaming.

------- HMMMMMH --------

Also will the power be enough though for 2x 780's or will 750 be enough??? Added I will be doing 3D gaming.

yea thats more then enough POWA 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

750 Watt will be fine ven with a heavy oc and while stressing.

yea thats more then enough POWA 

So would you go $50 bucks cheaper and go for a 750?

53 fans? That's a typo rigth? 

Over exaggeration.

750 Watt will be fine ven with a heavy oc and while stressing.

Yeah, what about with the 2 monitors running at like 2k...

------- HMMMMMH --------

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

So would you go $50 bucks cheaper and go for a 750?

Over exaggeration.

mmmm im not sure sorry id be on the safe side and stick to the 850w

Specs

Your monitors don't mess with your Power consumption... I don't know what you are asking. (If it's : But my monitors also draw power from my PSU. Then no. At least according to my knowledge) 750 Watts will be fine. 

Ah no actually I'm gonna go with Amazon I know it a crazy idea, but I'm gonna get the 1 year warranty with the items though.

-----------

mmmm im not sure sorry id be on the safe side and stick to the 850w

Dually noted, will do. Sticking with 850, thanks I was unsure about if it was gonna be enough juice. 

----------

Your monitors don't mess with your Power consumption... I don't know what you are asking. (If it's : But my monitors also draw power from my PSU. Then no. At least according to my knowledge) 750 Watts will be fine. 

I agree but then I also thought of adding a few SSD's but I think I'm gonna go with 850...

------- HMMMMMH --------

Make sure you check what can and cant be sent to Australia when buying from amazon catches quite a few ppl out double check :)

Ah no actually I'm gonna go with Amazon I know it a crazy idea, but I'm gonna get the 1 year warranty with the items though.

-----------

Dually noted, will do. Sticking with 850, thanks I was unsure about if it was gonna be enough juice. 

----------

I agree but then I also thought of adding a few SSD's but I think I'm gonna go with 850...

SSDs use no power at all,a majority of them use 1-5 watts max.

There's really no reason to go with an 850 watt power supply unless it's on sale and cheaper than the 750 watt unit.

each 780 will only use ~220 watts max,at full load,and rarely will both be at full load at the same time.

The processor will use ~80-90 watts.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Make sure you check what can and cant be sent to Australia when buying from amazon catches quite a few ppl out double check :)

Ah hmm didn't really think of that.... thanks, a lot. I'll be sure to check that.

-------------

SSDs use no power at all,a majority of them use 1-5 watts max.

There's really no reason to go with an 850 watt power supply unless it's on sale and cheaper than the 750 watt unit.

Ah well there's like 30 or so bucks difference between the 750 and the 850 which I think of rather as an investment. If it makes sense, seeing as the Formula can take 3 GPU's and a lot of HDD and fast Ethernet ports etc etc, you know...

------- HMMMMMH --------

Your monitors actually do mess with your power consumption (which is a bit obvious). You need more "horsepower" to feed a multi monitor setup rather than a single monitor. So in order for your GPU(s) to deliver the power needed, it has to draw more power from your PSU.

Your monitors actually do mess with your power consumption (which is a bit obvious). You need more "horsepower" to feed a multi monitor setup rather than a single monitor. So in order for your GPU(s) to deliver the power needed, it has to draw more power from your PSU.

Dude. I was saying that his monitors won't draw power from his PSU. READ BEFORE POSTING.

Dude. I was saying that his monitors won't draw power from his PSU. READ BEFORE POSTING.

oh god why... okay "dude" (or captain obvious) look... Everybody knows that you don't plug your monitor to your PSU, ok?  <_<

The point here was that a multi monitor setup can and WILL make your GPU draw more power from the PSU, thus, making it countable for your total power draw.

Just think about it and your mind will be blown. :blink:

oh god why... okay "dude" (or captain obvious) look... Everybody knows that you don't plug your monitor to your PSU, ok?  <_<

The point here was that a multi monitor setup can and WILL make your GPU draw more power from the PSU, thus, making it countable for your total power draw.

Just think about it and your mind will be blown. :blink:

This is not what the about was asking. 

Ah hmm didn't really think of that.... thanks, a lot. I'll be sure to check that.

-------------

Ah well there's like 30 or so bucks difference between the 750 and the 850 which I think of rather as an investment. If it makes sense, seeing as the Formula can take 3 GPU's and a lot of HDD and fast Ethernet ports etc etc, you know...

so, you're buying everything from amazon?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

• 2 weeks later...

so, you're buying everything from amazon?

Yup I will be except the case, and that works out to be the cheapest of all, um its gonna be shipped with Prime and with have a 1 year warranty.

------- HMMMMMH --------