Which Resolution Option to Choose?

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,

3840x2160 is what most companies refer to as "4K", even though it SHOULD be referred to as 2160p. That's what your monitor is intended to display.

4096x2160 is actual 4K, but most 2160p displays support that resolution, normally cropping off the sides or adding black bars.

Hello,

So iv'e just gone out and bought a new SAMSUNG LU28E590DS 4K Ultra HD 28" LED Monitor, come home and plugged it into my Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU via a v1.2 display port cable and then started to look at the resolutions options in the NVIDIA control panel screen. 

Can anybody tell me which of the following options in the attached screenshot I should be using. I thought it would be the very top one but this only shows a 30hz option and not a 60hz one. If I select the 3840x2160 option under PC it then gives me 60hz but I am not sure this is then at 4k UHD? Any help would be appreciated. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed as well as the drivers for the new monitor, check the new DP cable is v1.2 compatible (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JQKWX3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and have checked that the DP v1.2 option is enabled on my monitor settings. 

Thanks in advanced,Capture.PNG.d7d299305dde86a2673992619d350a9e.PNG

3840x2160 is what most companies refer to as "4K", even though it SHOULD be referred to as 2160p. That's what your monitor is intended to display.

4096x2160 is actual 4K, but most 2160p displays support that resolution, normally cropping off the sides or adding black bars.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I have that monitor and run it in Native with no issuse.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

Perfect,

Thanks very much for the reply's. I could't see any issues when running it in native mode but just wanted to check I wasn't missing out on any "features" by using the native mode instead of the Ultra HD, HD, SD 4k option.

Thanks again!