Daisy chain monitors from MacBook pro thunderbolt

Carter

Evening all, it's been a while but I'm back on the forum for a bit of advice ?

After moving to the dark side that is Apple, i'm looking to purchase 2 monitors (preferably 1440p) to use with my MacBook Pro (2017, 2x thunderbolt 3 ports). Im looking at monitors that support daisy chaining (dp out) for example the thinkvision p24h so that I can use 1 thunderbolt port to run them, probably via a display port adapter as I believe the usb c connection on these monitors will not support multiple displays. 

I'm looking for something budget friendly hence the Lenovo monitors coming in at around £250 each.

So my question is two fold: 

Firstly has anyone successfully daisy chained 2 monitors on a MacBook Pro with an extended desktop, it does support up to 2x 4k displays but I've read mixed success on line with people achieving this.

Secondly, does anyone have any monitor recommendations over the p24h for my setup, I'd prefer as near to 24" as possible.

Any advice is welcomed, cheers.

OnePlus 6T

2 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Apple operating system does not support DisplayPort MST, so the only way to daisy chain monitors is using the Thunderbolt daisy-chaining capability, so you need monitors with Thunderbolt input and output. It won't work with DP out.

Cheers for the reply, that's useful to know. Are you aware of any monitors that support thunderbolt daisy chaining other than the apple thunderbolt display? They prove hard to find as a lot turn out to be usb c in reality...

OnePlus 6T

5 hours ago, Carter said:

Cheers for the reply, that's useful to know. Are you aware of any monitors that support thunderbolt daisy chaining other than the apple thunderbolt display? They prove hard to find as a lot turn out to be usb c in reality...

Unfortunately I don't know of any others, it's hard enough just to find monitors with a TB3 input :(

• 7 months later...