A good Molex to sata adapter

bintang

i currently having an hx750 platinum which is an excellent psu but the only problem is it has angled sata power and its simply imposible to install any ssd on my nzxt h500.

so to get an flat sata cable i looked at molex to sata adapter. after researching i found that cheap molded ones are fire hazzard.

so my question is. is this type of adapter good or bad? and how to differentiate good and bad ones.

1st image

09052019022539_1.jpg

2nd image

09052019022843_1.jpg

09052019022843_1.jpg

P.S

what about this one 

3rd image

09052019030624_2.jpg

They look like the good kind. They aren't molded on the SATA end. The wires are crimped in there with a good separation between them.

The bad ones have the SATA end molded all together which results in naturally varying distances between the wires. Eventually some of them will bridge, heat up, melt, and catch fire.

Some people will say to stay away from any variation of these adapters, but these pictures at least show the better kind.

The ones you showed looked all not too bad. 

The crimped ones were fine. The molded ones are the ones seen to burn sometimes.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

The ones you showed looked all not too bad. 

The crimped ones were fine. The molded ones are the ones seen to burn sometimes.

10 hours ago, DezGalbie said:

They look like the good kind. They aren't molded on the SATA end. The wires are crimped in there with a good separation between them.

The bad ones have the SATA end molded all together which results in naturally varying distances between the wires. Eventually some of them will bridge, heat up, melt, and catch fire.

Some people will say to stay away from any variation of these adapters, but these pictures at least show the better kind.

what about diy made from local modder? since diy one at least they use proper cable and connector

12 minutes ago, bintang said:

what about diy made from local modder?

Depends on how good the Crimp Tool is he uses.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, bintang said:

what about diy made from local modder? since diy one at least they use proper cable and connector

DIY ones from a local modder are probably also the better kind if he's making them himself because he's far less likely to be molding SATA connectors than he is to be crimping them. But you never really know without looking at them.

Essentially, you're looking to make sure that there is a healthy and permanent separation between each of the wires. Usually the crimped ones are very well separated and insulated from each other.