Arctic P12 PWM or other extended PWM range fans?

Quadriplegic

I am looking for some 120 mm SP fans to use with radiator in push pull set up. Since I want silent fans while idling, extended PWM range is pretty much a must for me. 

Arctic P12 PWM PST seem pretty interesting – PWM range starts from 10%, fans blade design is similar to Vardars/Gentle Typhoons, but dead zone seems to be smaller than either of those. Best thing is price, considering they cost like €6 per fan with shipping. 

Still, are they enough for medium thickness radiator? And what other extended PWN range fans are available in EU (except for Vardars, Noctuas and XSPC Pro series)?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Corsair ML PRO

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

What rad are you using? Budget?

Any reason why you're not interested in Vardars, Noctuas and XSPC Pros?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm using 3 Arctic P12 as push fans with a Deep Cool 360 AIO with only 2 of the stock fans in pull. It's a 27mm radiator and hard drive cage gets in the way of the 3rd AIO fan. The Arctic fans are less than 3 feet away from my ears so it's not silent, but it is very quiet and not annoying with light gaming/load. They are running at 500-515 RPM for my silent mode.

I haven't gone out of my way to try more expensive fans, but if it came down to replacing fans I would just get more Arctic P12 again. If you are on a tight budget just go with Arctic P12. 5 pack from  Amazon is a great deal considering the quality and they can be daisy chained.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What rad are you using? Budget?

Any reason why you're not interested in Vardars, Noctuas and XSPC Pros?

Leaning towards PE360 but there is also Koolance HX-360XC nearby for pennies. Tho if I go with the thicker Koolance, I doubt Arctics will be enough.

Well, not that I am not interested in them, just looking for options. The thing is, I will need around 10-12 fans, so Noctuas or Vardars would end up costing around €200. Also, Arctic fans are easy to daisy chain due to PSM, so I won't need to get big fan hub. Still, if there are good options out there, I am willing to shell out the money.

3 hours ago, alyen said:

I'm using 3 Arctic P12 as push fans with a Deep Cool 360 AIO with only 2 of the stock fans in pull. It's a 27mm radiator and hard drive cage gets in the way of the 3rd AIO fan. The Arctic fans are less than 3 feet away from my ears so it's not silent, but it is very quiet and not annoying with light gaming/load. They are running at 500-515 RPM for my silent mode.

Thanks. How do they behave at higher RPM range (around 1000-1200 RPM)?

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

4 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Leaning towards PE360 but there is also Koolance HX-360XC nearby for pennies. Tho if I go with the thicker Koolance, I doubt Arctics will be enough.
Well, not that I am not interested in them, just looking for options. The thing is, I will need around 10-12 fans, so Noctuas or Vardars would end up costing around €200. Also, Arctic fans are easy to daisy chain due to PSM, so I won't need to get big fan hub. Still, if there are good options out there, I am willing to shell out the money.

Where are you using the other fans?

If you can afford NF-A12x25's and use them in push, it would probably be better than running most other fans in push / pull.

Here's an example of them compared to PST F12's on the Liquid Freezer 240: https://pc-gaming.it/noctua-nf-a12x25-recensione/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I find corsairs ML 120 has kind of an annoying pitch above 1000rpm. If you want something that is essentially silent and is excellent under load then might I point you in the direction of Noctua's p12 redux? They have a 1300rpm pwm version and a 1700rpm pwm version of which I own both and I prefer the 1300rpm ones but they both go down to 300-450rpm at minimum pwm. Granted they are grey which doesn't fit every build and they are also $14 per fan but they are extremely good performing radiator fans in both push and pull and they also come with a 5 year warranty and do in fact live up to the Noctua hype.

STAY AWAY FROM COOLER MASTER'S FANS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!

Noctua P12 1700rpm: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-redux-1700-high-Performance-Award-Winning-Affordable/dp/B07CG2PGY6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=noctua+p12+redux&qid=1557311178&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Noctua P12 1300rpm: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-redux-1300-high-Performance-Award-Winning-Affordable/dp/B07CG2PGVG/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=noctua+p12+redux&qid=1557311178&s=gateway&sr=8-2

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you using the other fans?

If you can afford NF-A12x25's and use them in push, it would probably be better than running most other fans in push / pull.

Here's an example of them compared to PST F12's on the Liquid Freezer 240: https://pc-gaming.it/noctua-nf-a12x25-recensione/

Hmm, interesting. The Arctic fans are airflow ones, so I guess 6 P12s would be slightly better than 3 Noctuas. But going with just 3 Noctuas would allow me to save space... 

If I get Lian Li O11 Dynamic, I can just mount fans behind the side panel as intake for the rad....

My plan for now was to do push/pull on the rad (6 fans) as intake, 2 fans at the bottom as intake (third slort for pump and res), 2 fans at the top for exhaust

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Also I can't speak for these specifically but I have had good experiences with other Deepcool fans and with these you get 5 fans, two controller hubs, and also the glory of rgb all for $40.

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-RF120M-Compatible-Controlled-Motherboard/dp/B07HN199YJ/ref=sr_1_18?crid=3PBRHRDB0BB1N&keywords=120mm+pwm+fan&qid=1557311425&s=gateway&sprefix=120mm+pwm%2Caps%2C287&sr=8-18

Just now, Quadriplegic said:

Hmm, interesting. The Arctic fans are airflow ones, so I guess 6 P12s would be slightly better than 3 Noctuas. But going with just 3 Noctuas would allow me to save space... 
If I get Lian Li O11 Dynamic, I can just mount fans behind the side panel as intake for the rad....
My plan for now was to do push/pull on the rad (6 fans) as intake, 2 fans at the bottom as intake (third slort for pump and res), 2 fans at the top for exhaust

The P12's might perform better but the Noctuas are probably going to be quieter especially in the long run. 

NF-A12x25's are basically the best 120mm's available and I don't think it'd get any better than just running 4 of them as case fans and 3 on the rad. 

11 minutes ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Also I can't speak for these specifically but I have had good experiences with other Deepcool fans and with these you get 5 fans, two controller hubs, and also the glory of rgb all for $40.

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-RF120M-Compatible-Controlled-Motherboard/dp/B07HN199YJ/ref=sr_1_18?crid=3PBRHRDB0BB1N&keywords=120mm+pwm+fan&qid=1557311425&s=gateway&sprefix=120mm+pwm%2Caps%2C287&sr=8-18

Hmmmmm, I wasn't aware Reduxes had extended PWM range, that's a nice surprise.

Regarding Deepcool fans, they surely are affordable, but I wonder how good are they when it comes to static pressure?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The P12's might perform better but the Noctuas are probably going to be quieter especially in the long run. 

NF-A12x25's are basically the best 120mm's available and I don't think it'd get any better than just running 4 of them as case fans and 3 on the rad. 

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Hopefuly Noctua releases Chromax version of those fans, haha

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

I have the addressable RGB version of those Deepcool fans from the Castle 360. AIO version has a higher RPM than the ones purchased without a AIO, but running them at 1500 RPM in my case is louder than Arctic P12. I never tested the Deepcool fans outside of the case in open air so maybe it has to do with the configuration for the radiator pull and exhaust in my setup. Looking at the fan blades of both fans I would assume the Arctic would provide more static pressure. Deepcool fan blades seem to designed to add a aesthetics effect for the RGB and I admit I am pleased with the visual effects.

Having both type of fans in my case seems to be quiet enough from idle to a light load for Ryzen 2700X. Stress testing with all fans reaching 1600 RPM it's noisy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W