Davinci Resolve 15

Hi guys, so I recently downloaded Davinci Resolve 15.

But I came across a problem that I hope someone can help me with here.

So the video that I wanted to edit is a Youtube video with no sound which I downloaded using the site keepvid.pro.

The reason I downloaded video only is because the highest quality download with both sound and video was only 360p, so I just wanted to download the video only in 1080p and the sound separately, then use editing software to put them both together.

The problem I ran into with DR15 is that it doesn't pick up the video with no sound. It is in mp4 format.

But other mp4 videos can be detected, videos I've downloaded using the same keepvid.pro site was detected without issue as well. Only the video with no sound does not get picked up.

I used a different editing software Wondershare Filmora9 and it detected the no sound video just fine. The main reason I don't use this particular software is because it leaves a watermark on the video after exporting it...

Is there anything I can do to have DR15 edit an mp4 video with no sound?

Thanks in advance!!

PC Specs:

CPU: R5 2600(OCd to 4ghz)  |  CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition  |  Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  3200mhz(White)  |  PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750w 80+gold  |  GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB  |  NVME: 970 Evo+ 250gb(OS)  |  SSD: 860 Evo 500gb(Games) , MX500 1TB(Games)  |  HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm(Mass storage device)  |  Case: NZXT H500(White)  |  Case fans: 2x140 Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM(Grey) , 1x120 Thermaltake Riing 12 series red led

Peripherals:

Headset: HyperX Cloud Core  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  |  Keyboard: Coolermaster MK750 CherryMX Red  |  Monitor: AOC G2590FX 25" Frameless Gaming Monitor

You can just download the video with the sound, and then just mute it? That would be the easiest fix.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

13 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

You can just download the video with the sound, and then just mute it? That would be the easiest fix.

or manually split it

Try running it through another encoder first. The free version of Resolve might have limitation of using video files without audio tracks. So try using something like Handbrake first and then Resolve. Handbrake doesn't take that much off quality.

PS. I hope you have original creators permission to edit/use their video. There's reason why YT doesn't allow to download videos by default.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Try running it through another encoder first. The free version of Resolve might have limitation of using video files without audio tracks. So try using something like Handbrake first and then Resolve. Handbrake doesn't take that much off quality.

PS. I hope you have original creators permission to edit/use their video. There's reason why YT doesn't allow to download videos by default.

It's a choreography video, I just wanted to watch it in high quality without having to watch it on YT everytime. Since I only have a 150GB data limit here.

And no I don't have their permission... Yes it's not right now that you say it. Even though it will be for personal use, (Watching it from time to time because I really like their choreography and I can't dance for the life of me?). And YT doesn't have the option to download it so there would be no other way for me to watch it but to load it everytime.

But thanks anyway. I will just leave it and try davinci for other editing stuff. 

PC Specs:

CPU: R5 2600(OCd to 4ghz)  |  CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition  |  Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  3200mhz(White)  |  PSU: Cooler Master MWE 750w 80+gold  |  GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB  |  NVME: 970 Evo+ 250gb(OS)  |  SSD: 860 Evo 500gb(Games) , MX500 1TB(Games)  |  HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm(Mass storage device)  |  Case: NZXT H500(White)  |  Case fans: 2x140 Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM(Grey) , 1x120 Thermaltake Riing 12 series red led

Peripherals:

Headset: HyperX Cloud Core  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  |  Keyboard: Coolermaster MK750 CherryMX Red  |  Monitor: AOC G2590FX 25" Frameless Gaming Monitor