Is that HDD dead?

Gorange

Hello, I got a WD Black 3TB hard drive, but by the time it got delivered to me, I had to RMA my power supply... However, I got the HDD and decided to try it out on an old system I have laying around (it's like.. ancient - core 2 duo/gt440, I don't know the exact model of the motherboard, but it's gigabyte). When I connect the HDD and start the pc, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't look like it's spinning at all. When I try to install windows it is listed as Disk 0 - 0 bytes and when I click refresh it just disappears from the list.

I tried my old 500gb hard disk and it works just fine. 

To me it looks like a dead hard, but decided to ask here, just in case. 

what mobo? maybe it's too big for the BIOS to detect it

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

@aezakmi The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R.

Edit: I can't seem to find any information regarding the maximum HDD size that is supported by the motherboard. 

Do you not have any other systems that you can test it on?

@savvijcabbij Currently not. I had to sent my brand new EVGA 1300 G2 for RMA as it was defective. I hope to get it back next week. 

The thing is, the hard drive doesn't spin (at least I can't hear anything, nor can I feel any vibrations). Shouldn't it spin even if it's not recognized by the motherboard? 

It should spin if it has enough power, so if it's not your power supply then I think the drive may be dead

2 hours ago, savvijcabbij said:

It should spin if it has enough power, so if it's not your power supply then I think the drive may be dead

I would assume that all sata HDDs require the same amount of power? I hooked my old 500gb HDD and it spins up no problem. 

That kind of sucks... I got it as a refurbished product with no warranty at really good price. Well at least it will serve me a lesson not to be a cheapo when it comes to computer parts..