What PC specs will help in Minecraft Java?

Okjoek

I wouldn't think MC would benefit from high end GPUs unless your using some sort of high end shader mods.

So does this mean when I build my next PC I should get better/more RAM?

And what about CPU? MC only uses one core doesn't it? If so should I aim to get a CPU that could turbo to a higher speed than my current paltry 3.6ghz? (not particularly interested in overclocking though)

Or am I missing something else this game really benefits from?

yeah, an entry level GPU is sufficient, 16GB of Ram is all you'll need unless you are AntVenom.And as for the CPU, I suggest the Ryzen 5 1600 it has 6 core it is unlocked and the cooler it comes with is gd you can overclock it a bit.

24 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

should I aim to get a CPU that could turbo to a higher speed than my current paltry 3.6ghz?

Turbo isn't everything, IPC (instructions per clock) affects single threaded too, so more modern processors will be able to outperform older ones at the same clock speeds.

New Ryzen processors hitting the scene soon, any one of those and a budget graphics card does great in Minecraft.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

26 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

I wouldn't think MC would benefit from high end GPUs unless your using some sort of high end shader mods.

So does this mean when I build my next PC I should get better/more RAM?

And what about CPU? MC only uses one core doesn't it? If so should I aim to get a CPU that could turbo to a higher speed than my current paltry 3.6ghz? (not particularly interested in overclocking though)

Or am I missing something else this game really benefits from?

You get the most benefit from a good CPU as it is almost always at 100% usage. However, Minecraft also uses some of the GPU, so that is also pretty important. The only thing that doesn’t really effect Minecraft is RAM. If you have only 4 GB, it will hold back the other parts, but more than 8 GB - not really. 

EDIT: I have a GTX 1070 and an i5 -7600k and I get usually from 200-500 FPS in servers like Hypixel. On a flat world it can range from 600 to 2000 FPS.

What do you already have? Chances are it can already play minecraft

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler