First Post: Razer Deathadder Elite or Logitech G502 Hero?

Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,

The deathadder is a great mouse but not for productivity. Razer has their reputation but their mouse is fine. I knew a lot of people who has great experience with it including myself. 

As I said for lightroom and whatnot G502 would be better since it has more button at your disposal and infinite scroll wheel. 

But you might want to look at the MX master from logitech. It has less button however it has scroll wheel on the left side and it uses laser sensor hence it can track on all surface. And it's known to be very comfortable. 

Hey all,

TLDR: Need a mouse suggestion for Lightroom and Photoshop that works on both MacOS and Windows, with a slight gaming consideration down the road. No set budget.

First post here, but have been a LTT fan for years. I'm looking for a mouse suggestion, and I've preliminarily narrowed my search to the Razer Deathadder Elite vs the Logitech G502 Hero. More on that below, but first, what I need the mouse for...

I've recently gotten into personal photography with a Sony a6400 and want to set up an editing station for Lightroom and Photoshop primarily. Eventually, I may build a gaming rig, and right now I normally play Diablo 3 and Indie titles on Steam. There's a very small possibility I'll get into FPS games, but that won't be the primary focus for this mouse

The last mouse I owned (back in 2015/2016) was a Madcatz R.A.T. (don't remember which version specifically). I really liked it's customization because I use a pretty shallow claw grip and I liked the variable weights. But do I really need those features for a creative workflow?

I know that the Deathadder Elite is considered a budget mouse, and that the G502 Hero is a bit pricier, so for my use case what would you suggest? Perhaps there's a 3rd option that might fit my use case better? I don't have a set budget, but let's not go crazy here.

Finally, the kicker is that I'll primarily use it on MacOS for the editing bits, but will use it on Windows for gaming and when I work from home. So if possible, the features should be compatible with both OS.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

6 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

G502.

Thanks Qyndryx. Any particular reason? Does the Logitech Macro Software work across Windows and MacOS?

20 minutes ago, cbergerman1515 said:

Thanks Qyndryx. Any particular reason? Does the Logitech Macro Software work across Windows and MacOS?

Razer is generally agreed to be bad.  Sometimes you'll get a good nut but whatever you buy from them is likely going to break in some way within a couple of months.  Logitech, on the other hand, is much more reliable and the G502 has a cult following for being an awesome mouse.

Thanks Qyndryx. I'm pretty familiar with the brand reputations, so I guess I'm reaching out to the community looking for someone with photo editing experience to suggest what hardware they use for their workflow.

Any photo editors out there that have a mouse they're passionate about?

A usual goto mouse for working is the MX Master, you might want to give it a look.  It's one of the most comfortable mice I've held.

The deathadder is a great mouse but not for productivity. Razer has their reputation but their mouse is fine. I knew a lot of people who has great experience with it including myself. 

As I said for lightroom and whatnot G502 would be better since it has more button at your disposal and infinite scroll wheel. 

But you might want to look at the MX master from logitech. It has less button however it has scroll wheel on the left side and it uses laser sensor hence it can track on all surface. And it's known to be very comfortable. 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

4 hours ago, Hiya! said:

But you might want to look at the MX master from logitech. 

@Hiya! Thanks for your response. Yes the MX master is the primary one I see when I search forums for creative professionals. It must be something about the horizontal scroll wheel while editing that saves time. I'll be sure to look into that as well. 

2 responses! Better than I expected. I would love to hear from some industry professionals but I understand that most LTT followers are gamers.

Any professional photographers that can chime in with what they use? Thanks again to those that have responded already. The larger the sample size the more confident I'll be in my decision.