A mini ITX build recommendations

rufee

Hey guys im thinking of getting a new machine and thought id ask you for some advice.

Anyway, i need a small system for myself as i will be going to uni not long from now. The system will be used primarily for gaming, some light 3D work and programming.

I was thinking something among the lines of a Bitfenix prodigy with an 3770k in an Asus p8z77-i deluxe. I only need the board, ram, cpu and a case as i will be moving my PSU and my 560ti from my current rig as well as the SSD and HDD's. What could/should i change in this build ?

I live in EU, so could you also recommend me an e-tailer where i could get the parts from, my local ones do not have these :(

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

I would get a sg09 as it is smaller than the prodigy but fits a matx board, for future expansion.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

An another mother board to think abut is the EVGA Stinger http://ncix.com/products/?sku=80377&vpn=111-IB-E692-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1387 its about the same price point maybe a little cheaper.

If you can wait a little while the Corsair Obsidian 350D is a nice mATX thats coming out soon.

I would recommend the 3570K but since you are doing 3D work the 3770K is better.

Sorry I don't have any idea of any EU e-retailers.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

Looking into the G1 Sniper M3 board now, maybe its a better option than mITX.

The sg09 does not look very attractive, but the size is nice.

Btw i can't decide on the ram, is 1600mhz enough or should i go 1866? 2400mhz is really expensive. Thinking 4x4gb for the mATX.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Looking into the G1 Sniper M3 board now, maybe its a better option than mITX.

The sg09 does not look very attractive, but the size is nice.

Btw i can't decide on the ram, is 1600mhz enough or should i go 1866? 2400mhz is really expensive. Thinking 4x4gb for the mATX.

if you can wait, the sg10 will probably be released soon, It will be identical to the sg09 but will a brushed aluminium front panel

Silverstone always release a (almost always) ugly airflow optimised SG case to the release a good looking one later.

I have no idea when it will be released but it will be...

Ram speed changes absolutely nothing in computer performance. (except when using an apu)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB