3D printer "Bumps" on print

MathiasVO
Go to solution Solved by UrbanFreestyle,

looks like either over extrusion / issues with leaking, have you tried adjusting retraction and enabling z-hop?

also is there any reason you are running skynet rather than marlin?

Hi, i keep getting these weird "Bumps" on my prints, i didn't used to but i do now and i don't know why. I just know that its a big issues and it actually prevents the extruder from moving over them

I've tried turning the temperature of the extruder up and down, and the z axis offset up and down, but that doesn't seem to have any affect

(Im using an Anet A8 with an autobed leveling sensor, and SkyNet firmware installed)

My Cura settings (I added G29 for autobed leveling later)

efwXz6H.png

Examples:

Ql3QTLz.jpg

qeXTbmp.jpg

looks like either over extrusion / issues with leaking, have you tried adjusting retraction and enabling z-hop?

Overextruding, or a bit too close to the bed maybe would be my guesses.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 5/2/2019 at 9:45 AM, tikker said:

Overextruding, or a bit too close to the bed maybe would be my guesses.

Already tried calibrating my extruder, it isnt the issue and i also tried calibrating the z axis offset, also not the issue.

But thanks :)

On 5/2/2019 at 9:39 AM, UrbanFreestyle said:

My extruder is calibrated correctly, but it might be leaking. I'll try messing with those settings. 

And no, there isn't a particular reason for using skynet, except that it was the first suggestion when i looked up how to use my auto level bed sensor. But also i'm pretty sure Skynet is based on Marlin, so i wouldn't expect a big difference

Fair enough, i just know a few people have had issues with skynet and moved to marlin base as it didn't have the issues that skynet did. It's like how samsung put their own crap on a stock android ?

Did you adjust your e-steps?

definitely over extruding. Could be too hot, could be extrusion multiplier, could be extruder calibration. What print settings were you using? Also make sure you check the actual diameter of your filament with calipers, it's usually off and this can contribute to extrusion issues. Take the average of a few measurements and plug that in to cura for your material diameter.

ASU

4 hours ago, MathiasVO said:

Already tried calibrating my extruder, it isnt the issue and i also tried calibrating the z axis offset, also not the issue.

But thanks :)

Well from experience, when my first layers look like that it's always one of the following reasons:

1. too close to the bed
  2. overextrusion
  3. nozzle too hot / spends too long near the plastic

Still worth a shot playing around with the extrusion multiplier a bit or further tweaking bed leveling, in my opinion. A calibrated extruder just means if you tell it to exturde 5 mm, it will extrude 5 mm. You may still want more or less.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 5/2/2019 at 7:29 PM, UrbanFreestyle said:

Fair enough, i just know a few people have had issues with skynet and moved to marlin base as it didn't have the issues that skynet did. It's like how samsung put their own crap on a stock android ?

Did you adjust your e-steps?

Sry for the late reply, i got busy. But i figured out the issue. Apparently my nossle was leaking because it was screwed in too tight, creating positive pressure on the inside when it gets heated up/metal expansion. Thanks to everybody, taking their time to try and help me :)