Finding an NVME m.2 ssd for under £100

florianerb

Hello,

I wondering if anyone can help me I have been trying to find a fast NVME m.2 ssd that I can use for some gaming and video editing. I have been looking on pc part picker trying to find one (https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#xcx=0&A=499000000000,530000000000&t=0&sort=ppgb&X=0,11000&i=85&page=1)

I have been trying to find a ssd for under £100 I want something that is fast. Something around 500/512gb would be good enough. It need to be compatible with the Asus Z170-A

thanks any help or advice welcome. 

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Do you need NVMe?

As far as I was aware NVMe ssd where a lot faster compared to SATA ssd. For video editing the faster the ssd the better.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

a bit better than Samsung 970 EVO and $80 for 512GB

How we'll do these drives fair for reliability? I was looking at these as they where good for the price but was not sure if a somewhat named brand would be better for reliability?

2 minutes ago, florianerb said:

How we'll do these drives fair for reliability? I was looking at these as they where good for the price but was not sure if a somewhat named brand would be better for reliability?

There is the review

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13759/comparing-adata-sx8200-pro-vs-hp-ex950

as for reliability... ummm. I dont know. Thats something which is difficult to test

check the warranty, most SSDs have 5y. Considering this is a Pro drive, it should last at the very least 5y.

How about this one from Patriot for £80?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!