DayZ

Swegly

So i bought the DayZ standalone knowing that there will be plenty of bugs but you would have thought at least the basic controls would be settled so you could at least navigate around right? Well nope. I am wondering if there is any fix to the damn mouse acceleration because its ridiculous to play with.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

You get used to it but they're looking in to a way to sort it out.  It's much worse if you play in 3rd person, I seem to get negative acceleration then.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

This required a thread on its own because?

Anyway, Rocket went through this in his AMA.

Why do you care if its in a separate thread? Thanks for the help though.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

You get used to it but they're looking in to a way to sort it out.  It's much worse if you play in 3rd person, I seem to get negative acceleration then.

Also my screen is gray 24/7 on every character I spawn and I have no idea what to do. Also how the hell do youtubers record that game and have the graphics look amazing? Mine are like dog shit in a blender.

Also my screen is gray 24/7 on every character I spawn and I have no idea what to do. Also how the hell do youtubers record that game and have the graphics look amazing? Mine are like dog shit in a blender.

Are you on night time servers?  Make sure your settings aren't messing up your colour.  Well there's no set objective but when I spawn I run to the nearest town, loot some basic items then make my way to larger towns to loot some more and find weapons.  You shouldn't have a problem running the game with good settings, mine looks pretty great and I get 40+ fps.

@Swegly, I'm just outside of Elektro at night getting a pretty solid 45fps.

YvS5I6N.jpg

r5YD2oH.jpg

GQCqmnQ.jpg

zPbJzmO.jpg

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Also how the hell do youtubers record that game and have the graphics look amazing? Mine are like dog shit in a blender.

The RV engine needs to be tweaked to get the visuals/Performance you like.

Simply putting everything to LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH does not work.

It also sounds like you are spawning on a night time server.

The RV engine needs to be tweaked to get the visuals/Performance you like.

Simply putting everything to LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH does not work.

It also sounds like you are spawning on a night time server.

Oh its night time... fml

Oh its night time... fml

If you play DayZ when it's night time where you live you need to play on a server that's in a place that's in daylight.

Does anyone have either the standalone dayz or the arma2 dayz because i need someone to teach me how to play...