deleted

Latislapaloie

make sure your booting in AHCI mode. You can go into your bios and go to boot setting and boot in AHCI. If you get a bsod then your windows is formatted for booting probably in IDE mode so if that happens go back booting in IDE mode and load windows 

"You start with step 1 while you are still in Windows in IDE mode.

1. Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
  2. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
  3. Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
  4. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
  5. Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
  6. Shut down
  7. Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots."

steps to switch windows registry from booting ide to AHCI mode: http://www.neowin.net/news/neowin-guide-how-to-change-from-ide-to-ahci-without-reinstalling-windows

my problem with slow ssd: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/98767-are-these-normal-scores-for-my-ssd/

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

make sure your booting in AHCI mode. You can go into your bios and go to boot setting and boot in AHCI. If you get a bsod then your windows is formatted for booting probably in IDE mode so if that happens go back booting in IDE mode and load windows 

"You start with step 1 while you are still in Windows in IDE mode.

1. Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
  2. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
  3. Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
  4. Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
  5. Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
  6. Shut down
  7. Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots."

steps to switch windows registry from booting ide to AHCI mode: http://www.neowin.net/news/neowin-guide-how-to-change-from-ide-to-ahci-without-reinstalling-windows

my problem with slow ssd: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/98767-are-these-normal-scores-for-my-ssd/

i went into my bios and it said that i was booting from AHCI mode already

You did a fresh OS install on your ssd right? And you havent defragmented it? Are you using SATA 3.0 and have SATA 3.0 cables for your ssd?

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4200 | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix @1600 | GPU: Evga GTX 660 TI x2 SLI | Case: Corsair C70 | Storage: WD Black 1TB, Samsung 830 126GB SSD, Kingston V300 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX850 | Display(s): ASUS 2ms 24inch 1920x1080 | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 13 | Mouse: Razer Naga 13 

I don't know about ASUS' individual fast boot, but usually it shortens the BIOS time when you turn on your computer. This, however can have the effect of making it virtually impossible to get into the BIOS without going through Windows first and rebooting to it.

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

You did a fresh OS install on your ssd right? And you havent defragmented it? Are you using SATA 3.0 and have SATA 3.0 cables for your ssd?

yea i booted from usb selected custom install, selected my ssd and went through the process, it's on the correct sata port that my motherboard manual told me to put it 

edit- never defragged it 

I don't know about ASUS' individual fast boot, but usually it shortens the BIOS time when you turn on your computer. This, however can have the effect of making it virtually impossible to get into the BIOS without going through Windows first and rebooting to it.

i think there's a button the motherbord that makes it go to the bios, but i didn't see a "fast boot" option anywhere in the bios 

20-25 seconds isn't all that slow - sure, it's no <10 second boot-up but unless you're constantly power cycling it shouldn't be that bad. Just as a quick question, how much of the boot-up time is spent in the BIOS (before you see the windows logo). If it's a considerable amount of time then some fast boot option (I don't know what it is, but it will likely be there) may help you out. Your drive performs better than mine (likely due to the fact that I have the 120GB version) and so don't worry about that - I get a 12s (approx.)  bootup.

Check out my video work at youtube.com/SuperUserTech

Acer Aspire 5750G - i5-2410m | 8GB 1333Mhz RAM | 500GB 5400RPM HDD | Nvidia GT540m

2xBenQ EW2440L | Sennheiser HD600 | Corsair Vengeance K65 | Corsair Vengeance M65 | Panasonic Lumix G7 | Panasonic 20mm F1.7

I'm 20-25 seconds for cold boot. That is to the windows log in screen cause I got a password. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

To me a 20-25 sec boot time for an SSD is about right, that's without fast boot. With fast boot you will get faster boot but not much faster, maybe 2-4 seconds.  I don't think you have a bad install of the OS, 20-25 is about the average boot time to expect from most SSD. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3