Forza Hrozion 4 PC Bad Graphics

vincentiscute

Please Help:

Yesterday I got Forza Horzion 4 (FH4) and I installed it happy to play on my new Logitech G29. I installed it and started her up, and I quickly realized that the graphics on medium were much worse than the demo's medium graphics. So I went into the settings and put everything on ultra just to see, and realized that it looked almost the same as medium graphics. So basically the graphics look the same on all levels.

Description of the graphics:

The anti-aliasing at 8x looks horrific, as if its off. The tree's look also awful no matter the graphic settings. And the draw distance is very short. I don't know what the problem could be.

----

If anything else is needed, I will check my pc specs. Im not a mastermind so I don't know my specs, all I know is that I have a Dell Inspirion 15 700(0) with a GTX 1050 TI

1 minute ago, vincentiscute said:

Snip

Well the demo version might be an earlier build that had the graphics settings differently tuned so that might be why

Did you do a full restart of the game when you switched settings? Some games require it so the changes get applied properly

Didnt google up your system there but a 1050ti sounds borderline on medium so i wouldnt expect it to  look super pretty

1 minute ago, Kobolobob said:

Well the demo version might be an earlier build that had the graphics settings differently tuned so that might be why

Did you do a full restart of the game when you switched settings? Some games require it so the changes get applied properly

Didnt google up your system there but a 1050ti sounds borderline on medium so i wouldnt expect it to  look super pretty

I know that the demo is a early version, but when I look at videos of FH4 it looks amazing.

I did do a full restart when I switched graphic settings.

I did google it up. The minimum is a 670 so my 1050TI should be fine

3 minutes ago, vincentiscute said:

snip

Checked your Nvidia drivers? 

4 minutes ago, Kobolobob said:

Checked your Nvidia drivers? 

I did, I updated my graphics driver. But still no result, maybe its somethings with directx or nvidia graphics panel

Playing FH4 on a 4k monitor looks lovely. I'm assuming you can't go past medium settings (if that) with your current specs.

9 minutes ago, vincentiscute said:

The minimum is a 670 so my 1050TI should be fine

This doesn't mean it's the minimum to play on "ultra" settings, it's the minimum to boot the game and drive, not look nice.

12 minutes ago, vincentiscute said:

I know that the demo is a early version, but when I look at videos of FH4 it looks amazing.

I did do a full restart when I switched graphic settings.

I did google it up. The minimum is a 670 so my 1050TI should be fine

I suspect that the 1050 Ti is not powerful enough the play the finished game on decent graphics.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Just now, NinJake said:

Playing FH4 on a 4k monitor looks lovely. I'm assuming you can't go past medium settings (if that) with your current specs.

This doesn't mean it's the minimum to play on "ultra" settings, it's the minimum to boot the game and drive, not look nice.

I know that, but after all all on high, medium and low they all look the SAME. I have played BF1 on ultra even though it had 20 fps, just to see if it was nice

AFAIK FH4 is really heavy on the CPU. One of my friends keeps mentioning how his cpu is bottlenecking a lot

Could you post some pictures of your graphics on low, medium, and high?

Just now, NinJake said:

Could you post some pictures of your graphics on low, medium, and high?

sure can do, please wait around 10 minutes

Just now, vincentiscute said:

sure can do, please wait around 10 minutes

Sounds good, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Sychic said:

AFAIK FH4 is really heavy on the CPU. One of my friends keeps mentioning how his cpu is bottlenecking a lot

This very well could be your roadblock, what processor is in your laptop?

Also, do you check thermals while you game to ensure nothing is throttling?

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

snip for photos

This is for high, notice the road down infront. And the trees... I suspect its something with DirectX, my friend had a similar problem with GTA having horrible graphics on high and changed directX and it looked well

image.png

Nice choice of car btw. If you could take another screenshot on low at the same location that would be best.

Just now, NinJake said:

Nice choice of car btw. If you could take another screenshot on low at the same location that would be best.

Thanks ;) Ford Focus RS is the best of the three... anyway, I will just a few minutes

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

snip for second photo

It looks EXACTLY the same, I don't understand...image.thumb.png.30988ef625e98d58cf135b13f4c71a18.png

4 minutes ago, vincentiscute said:

image.thumb.png.30988ef625e98d58cf135b13f4c71a18.png

That looks just like before...

Maybe its just you vram running full and FH4 somehow manages to stop the gpu from offloading to ram and your drive

Very interesting. You never mentioned what processor you have?

Back when I was playing FH4 a ton, my graphics card died. (GTX 980Ti) So while I was in the processes of RMA for that I threw in my old 2gb XFX r7 270 and could not play on anything but the bare minimum settings. One major difference is if you're into designing livery or applying livery to your vehicles. If you can apply some very detailed decals to your car or use a pre-made one, make sure you notice a difference in the graphic settings for those.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Very interesting. You never mentioned what processor you have?

Back when I was playing FH4 a ton, my graphics card died. (GTX 980Ti) So while I was in the processes of RMA for that I threw in my old 2gb XFX r7 270 and could not play on anything but the bare minimum settings. One major difference is if you're into designing livery or applying livery to your vehicles. If you can apply some very detailed decals to your car or use a pre-made one, make sure you notice a difference in the graphic settings for those.

Intel Core i5-7300HQ

I understand this is the demo, but it has very similar specs to my laptop and and high look incredible... I don't understand

FH4 uses a dynamic settings system, essentially the game will ask you to specify a minimum FPS then it will adjust visual fidelity on the fly to ensure your FPS stays at your set value.

Want the game to look nicer either lower the minimum FPS value or turn dynamic quality off and go with manual settings but be warned, doing this with your 7300 & 1050ti and setting to ultra will result in you getting seconds per frame, not frames per second.

My rig just pushes 60FPS at Ultra 1440p.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

FH4 uses a dynamic settings system, essentially the game will ask you to specify a minimum FPS then it will adjust visual fidelity on the fly to ensure your FPS stays at your set value.

Want the game to look nicer either lower the minimum FPS value or turn dynamic quality off and go with manual settings but be warned, doing this with your 7300 & 1050ti and setting to ultra will result in you getting seconds per frame, not frames per second.

I don't use the dynamic settings, but the problem isn't frames, the problem is the graphics... Ultra graphics looks literally like low... any ideas?

had a similar problem in gta so im not sure it will work but you can go into nvidia control panel and force certain graphics settings on. give that a shot, might work:p

Just now, OBCTGamer said:

had a similar problem in gta so im not sure it will work but you can go into nvidia control panel and force certain graphics settings on. give that a shot, might work:p

Thanks, will try... what settings should I change? Ill try the AA ones and so on