No Display output or BIOS

Greenish

My friend gave me his PC to trouble shoot. I have used the spare parts to eliminate the fault from the RAM, PSU and SSD (no shit sherlock). I have tried using the onboard graphics aswell as a dedicated GPU, still nothing. I have narrowed it down to a CPU or Motherboard problem but I dont have any spare parts to test which one it is. Help???!!!. The CPU is a Ryzen 3 1200 and the Motherboard is an ASRock A320-HDV.

Cheers Oliver

idk tbh

Edit: I have tried the CPU without the cooler and it seems to heat up normally.

idk tbh

I had this almost exact issue with my recent Ryzen build, for starters that CPU doesn't have an iGpu so you need a dedicated GPU in order to boot. I'd recommend reseating everything. RAM, GPU and CPU.

Remember to unlatch the cpu before trying to remove it, i'd recommend this when removing the cooler as well as my stock cooler took the CPU out of the socket with it still being latched in (This was with stock AMD thermal paste which is obviously more akin to glue than paste). Luckily I didn't damage the CPU and I learnt my lesson to always unlatch before even attempting anything with the cooler/cpu.

you can check out my thread on it here, but i've already given you the TL;DR (Also mobo wasnt DOA) 

16 minutes ago, Zypherr said:

I had this almost exact issue with my recent Ryzen build, for starters that CPU doesn't have an iGpu so you need a dedicated GPU in order to boot. I'd recommend reseating everything. RAM, GPU and CPU.

Remember to unlatch the cpu before trying to remove it, i'd recommend this when removing the cooler as well as my stock cooler took the CPU out of the socket with it still being latched in (This was with stock AMD thermal paste which is obviously more akin to glue than paste). Luckily I didn't damage the CPU and I learnt my lesson to always unlatch before even attempting anything with the cooler/cpu.

you can check out my thread on it here, but i've already given you the TL;DR (Also mobo wasnt DOA) 

I have used ryzen before so I am used to how their stuff works. I have been using intel lately and I was completely oblivious to the fact that you need a gpu just to boot. Now that I think, I have him a 980 which the PSU didnt have the right connectors so I gave him a old r9 270. I will check around later and see if it works. Thanks for the help

idk tbh

3 hours ago, Greenish said:

I have used ryzen before so I am used to how their stuff works. I have been using intel lately and I was completely oblivious to the fact that you need a gpu just to boot. Now that I think, I have him a 980 which the PSU didnt have the right connectors so I gave him a old r9 270. I will check around later and see if it works. Thanks for the help

I had a problem like this before, replace the HDMI cable maybe?

On 5/1/2019 at 1:03 AM, CoopNubbit said:

I had a problem like this before, replace the HDMI cable maybe?

All fixed!!!

idk tbh

8 hours ago, Greenish said:

All fixed!!!

Awesome!! Glad i could help!