Xbox 360 repair question

billabeasta

Hey guys so looking to y'all for help here. So i have an old reach edition 360, and it can't read disks. I am not quite sure what is wrong with it, but it cannot read disks. I replaced the laser reader part and that didn't fix it. It still runs perfectly fine apart from not reading disks at all, but I kinda wanna mess around to try and fix it to use again. Not sure if anyone else had encountered this problem, but I wanted to see if anyone had encountered a similar issue or knows of a fix. I am decently comfortable taking it apart as a heads up, i did it once to change out that laser reader part. I got my ifixit kit, and can do attitude ready if that helps.

I think you have to repair the whole drive not just the laser reader, because the drive determine the unlocking key for the DRM.

You're best bet would be jailbreaking it and put the games in a external hdd. (illegal).

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

don't know if I can help at all....

Does it play any discs, games, DVDs or cds?

Does it make any sounds?

Is there any onscreen errors?

Can you tell if it the drive is even spinning up?

Wort case scenario would involve replacing drive with a. another with a spoofed hardware key to match you current board. Or swap the board and drive with a matching set.

Thanks for the help, so on screen there aren't any errors, and i can't hear any sounds, but I could check again later to be sure. Also no it doesn't play any kinda of disk. I may look into swapping the board and drive though.