PC keeps restarting

charlieten

My computer keeps restarting after I turned it on. The whole things powers on for a few seconds than powers off and proceeds to power on again after a few seconds. The process keeps on repeating. It was fine a few hours ago. Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, charlieten said:

My computer keeps restarting after I turned it on. The whole things powers on for a few seconds than powers off and proceeds to power on again after a few seconds. The process keeps on repeating. It was fine a few hours ago. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you list the parts in the pc/ model 

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

6 minutes ago, MrRemnant said:

Can you list the parts in the pc/ model 

3rd gen Intel core i5 

MSI gtx970

Corsair cs650m 80+ gold

1x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x WD caviar blue 500gb HDD

1x WD green 120gb SSD

I don't remember the model for the cup. I just remember that its 3rd gen

Either it's failing the POST and keeps attempting for hardware failure or maybe loose connections or something is shorting out on your mobo (most likely in the f_panel headers). It could be that your bios settings somehow are not stable. 

Have you reset your CMOS by popping out the battery and putting back in? You may also try tightening various connections. Or taking the cpu out and putting back in sometimes works. 

It could also be some sort of overheating which is triggering the system to boot-loop. 

If nothing resolves the issue, I would pretty much go for the PSU being faulty. 

console.log("way to pro");

21 hours ago, charlieten said:

Don’t listen to them. Replacing things is never the first step. Reseat your cpu and make sure you mounted the CPU cooler correctly. If it still doesn’t work, take all ram sticks out but one, if it still does it, take that one out and put another in. And if it works start putting them back in, one by one, turning the pc on each time to make sure it works. And if it starts not working again, a ram stick might be bad.