mouse double click problem

sohail14

when i click my mouse , it sometimes double clicked , what is the problem and how to fix it 

Dirty switch likely. See if you can try and clean it somehow. May need to disassemble the mouse to get at it to clean it up. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Dirty switch likely. See if you can try and clean it somehow. May need to disassemble the mouse to get at it to clean it up. 

I had this issue too with 2 mouse at my house ..... ended up trashing( as if kept them - collecting dust ) them since I thought that the mouse is broken.... 

but it I wonder how to open the mouse to clean it up 

Gonna c/p my response from another thread:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Its either failing switch, or your Windows mouse settings needing tweaking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Gonna c/p my response from another thread:

I've just tried it, lost the click sound in for one of the switches in the process....... seems harder to click too but no big deal since I've replaced the mouse with a better mouse from Logitech when the old mouse is having the issue.... hoping the new one doesn't have this issue, apparently Logitech wireless unifying mouse got more expensive starting from around RM200 ++ when my old one cost rm 60