Just now, Princess Cadence said:

What you keep failing to understand here is that just because a product isn't FOR YOU it does not mean the product shouldn't exist altogether.

If that ROG Zephyr is a better option for your needs great, it does not mean it's the best option to everyone else, nor is that model even widely available outside US.

I speak for a large group of people because if everyone wanted great gaming only on a desktop then why are the rtx series laptops a thing

Even the MX 250 and 230 laptops will come at similar prices if not more expensive prices than the 16 series gpus

8 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

I am speaking of the top spec razer blade stealth and I think someone here needs to have a look at the ROG zephyrus G GA502

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-max-q-512gb-solid-state-drive-metalic-hairline-black/6335912.p?skuId=6335912

I'm honestly done with this thread. You're ranting about how MX150 laptops are bad, but you fail to prove any valid point.

That laptop has an 1660 Ti and costs U$1200, definitely not aimed at budget gamers. And what are you trying to prove that link?

MX series cards need to exist because there are budget gamers in this world who don't have $1200 to drop on a gaming laptop.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

3 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

I'm honestly done with this thread. You're ranting about how MX150 laptops are bad, but you fail to prove any valid point.

That laptop has an 1660 Ti and costs U$1200, definitely not aimed at budget gamers. And what are you trying to prove that link?

MX series cards need to exist because there are budget gamers in this world who don't have $1200 to drop on a gaming laptop.

I am not sying they are bad but are overpriced(US prices) mostly from the big companies

2 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

I am not sying they are bad but are overpriced(US prices) mostly from the big companies

You fail back up your point with proof. Give me a few links to laptops with MX cards that are overpriced in your opinion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

On 4/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, r2724r16 said:

You do realize that none of those are (strictly speaking) gaming laptops?

They have other priorities like battery life and form factor, thus the MX graphics.

Rather than criticizing laptops for their component choices, think logically and maybe you'll realize that not all laptops are only intended for gaming.

The blade stealth does not give optimal battery life. This is stated in Linus' review of it and this was one of the deal breakers for Linus sticking to last year's model

20 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

The blade stealth does not give optimal battery life. This is stated in Linus' review of it and this was one of the deal breakers for Linus sticking to last year's model

You forgot about the other three laptops and you ignored my other two points (form factor, and that those are not strictly gaming laptops).

And you ignored almost every single point that people tried to make in this thread, replying with random (usually unimportant) statements.

So congratulations, you've officially won the award for the being most annoying person on the LTT forum! ;)

I'm done with this thread.

Please remember that there are users other than gamers who buy laptops. These cards are not GTX branded ‘gaming’ cards so why you would even think they’re aimed at gamers? 

For example my work laptop (Lenovo t480) has an MX150 GPu. It’s not a gaming laptop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 10:27 PM, Jay Deah said:

Please remember that there are users other than gamers who buy laptops. These cards are not GTX branded ‘gaming’ cards so why you would even think they’re aimed at gamers? 

For example my work laptop (Lenovo t480) has an MX150 GPu. It’s not a gaming laptop.

Ok just to clear this please can someone explain the use of these cards and the target market because on nvidia’s page it still talks a lot about gaming 

Doom.................................................

1 minute ago, Animal901 said:

Doom.................................................

What?

10 minutes ago, Kaloob said:

They are meant for up-market non-gaming laptops, Novideo is just saying that.

Oh ok thank you this resolves everything

19 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

What?

There's this really old game called Doom that runs on almost anything. Lol... Theres a group of people that could not care less about today's stagnant tech. Amd is trying to step out but they're adding more cores while being sued about cores with bulldozer. Alot of us remember the jump to 64 bit during 2003 to 2005.. 32bit is still hanging in there. People still play half life 2. Its good for somebody.

for starters you are comparing 2yr old shit to new shit also

2 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

There's this really old game called Doom that runs on almost anything. Lol... Theres a group of people that could not care less about today's stagnant tech. Amd is trying to step out but they're adding more cores while being sued about cores with bulldozer. Alot of us remember the jump to 64 bit during 2003 to 2005.. 32bit is still hanging in there. People still play half life 2. Its good for somebody.

I feel AMD could win the mobile war against intel if they got partners that are willing to use their APUs in some of their flagship laptops and they could have won the mobile graphics cards segment too if they had gotten partners and not just Apple to use their Vega and Radeon and experience lineup but know it seems too late with ni dis pushing out their 16 series laptops with their slightly aggressive pricing 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, pas008 said:

for starters you are comparing 2yr old shit to new shit also

I am pushing out that they no longer need to exist so the fact that they are two years old helps me prove my point 

6 minutes ago, DarkDragon2K04 said:

I am pushing out that they no longer need to exist so the fact that they are two years old helps me prove my point 

lol necro bump

no it doesnt brands are still going to use them which they are until they cant buy them