Stuck Pixel

Yeun7

Hey guys so i just got a new monitor and after 2 weeks of use twice so far there was a random stuck pixel. I dont believe it was the same pixel that is stuck, it went away pretty easily. First time it just went away on its own while i was gaming, second time i just touched the monitor and it went away. I like the monitor, but was wondering would the problem get much worse down the line. I am hesitant on refunding it since they are out of stock on google express on the dell s2719dgf.

if it goes away its not really a problem. Ive had a few on my monitor as well, the Acer XG270HU and they all went away with simple methods and have yet to return. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Ignoring the return policies for pixels across various manufactures, dead/stuck pixels tend to show themselves within the 1st month of consistent use, after that point its rare for them to turn up. So if what u have come across so far have been fixed through what ever method, i'd say ur nearing the end of the period in which such pixel issues will arise.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Thanks for all the replies, this is like my 4th monitor i havent had any pixel issues with my previous monitors. Good to know the problem shouldnt come back as a permanent issue later on.

52 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

dell pretty sure requires at least 1 bright pixel, and 6 dark pixels.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln130145/dell-lcd-display-pixel-guidelines?lang=en

Am I the only person that thinks it's stupid that they are allowed to get away with this? If I buy anything new I expect it to 100% work, not 99% or 98% work. Is that too much to ask? 

Specs: 

• i5-8600K 
  • Evga Black RTX 2070 
  • 16GB DDR4 2400MHz 
  • ASRock Extreme 4 Z370 
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Light TG 

Plays: Minesweeper at 1000 fps. 

Well, in EU there's laws which say anything ordered online can be returned within some period of time and you get a refund, no questions asked ... period being like 10 working days or something like that.

Some stores also have their own, return/replace for any reason as long as you did not break the seals off a product.

A few transistors stuck or faulty in a panel are often acceptable ... you have 2560x1440x3 transistors = 11 million .... sometimes it happens that 1 in 11 million may have issues.

Try running the panel at lower refresh rate, like 120 Hz, it may help.

Local law supersedes company policies.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

You can fix a stuck pixel by playing this video for a bit until it disappears: 

Also another quick fix is to get a blunt object like a stylus and lightly press and keep tapping on the stuck pixel until it disappears. I have a Samsung Sync-Master from 2007 which showed the same issue back in 2011 for a couple of times and both fixes worked. I still use the monitor daily as a second monitor and it has not exhibited the same issue since.