Help needed

Pc-Rookie
Go to solution Solved by Pc-Rookie,

No worries guys, I took out the psu and (dont know if its smart) but i took out all of the screws and then screwed then\m back in. Worked like a charm, no idea why.

Hello, When I press the power button my pc starts and then shuts down again. it worked a while ago but suddenly it doesn't work.

Can it be my psu That is too bad?

Yes it might be the psu.Are the mobo lights off or on while its booting.

1 minute ago, ManosMax13 said:

Yes it might be the psu.Are the mobo lights off or on while its booting.

If you meant the motherboard lights then no, I have no lights on my motherboard. But the lights on my case (forgot the name) lights up when I start it and then shuts down.

Take out the CMOS battery and put it back in.

The CMOS battery is the small gray and round battery on your motherboard. It's a CR2032 battery. You may have to remove your GPU.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

can you possibly record a video and upload it? It could be something else but we have no further information,

try reseating as much as you feel comfortable with, check that your CPU power cable is in tight, the 24pin mobo is in, reseat the RAM,

you could also have configured your pins for the case power button wrong, which is pretty common

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

No worries guys, I took out the psu and (dont know if its smart) but i took out all of the screws and then screwed then\m back in. Worked like a charm, no idea why.