Heat Sync Fan. Which Way?

ConstantCanadian

Should I have the fan for my heat sink facing one way (where its hovering about my 1st ram slot) or the other way (blower with my back exhaust fan)

Above the RAM, blowing through the heat sink towards the rear, where hopefully you have an exhaust fan. 

the first one is better make sure to have the fan facing the same direction as your exhaust fan or else your two fans will end up fighting for air and your cpu will be getting less air

Doesn't matter where it's placed. Fan should direct air to your exhaust fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/25/2019 at 4:23 AM, ConstantCanadian said:

Should I have the fan for my heat sink facing one way (where its hovering about my 1st ram slot) or the other way (blower with my back exhaust fan)

At the RAM side, it DOES make a difference, why else do you think that is the default position.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Doesn't matter where it's placed. Fan should direct air to your exhaust fans.

Wrong. Be Quiet, Noctua, Cryorig, etc, all say that you are wrong. A second fan is only ever added to the backside of the cooler, not the main fan.

5 minutes ago, weallhatethemods said:

At the RAM side, it DOES make a difference, why else do you think that is the default position.

Wrong. Be Quiet, Noctua, Cryorig, etc, all say that you are wrong. A second fan is only ever added to the backside of the cooler, not the main fan.

?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

9 hours ago, weallhatethemods said:

Link please. I have had my fan on both sides, and cooler oriented both ways. As long as fan directs air to exhaust fans (both top and rear in my previous case) it doesn't matter. I did full benchmarks with both ways, if you want to see what temps were.

Or even better, test it yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv