New build, when?

Tiago8v
42 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

And even if Intel puts out an i7 competitor (They will,) It's going to come with fewer cores/threads, and cost 175% of the 3700x for the unlocked version. 

Then we are right back where we are now.

Yeah... xD

Intel way to do things... :P

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

5 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

I don't understand that.

Especially since I see Brand Loyality as a bad or very bad thing.

I doubt that.

Around 5GHz for Single Core/2 Core Boost might be possible but allcore a good amount under that.

Personally I'd expect +1GHz on my 1700x.

That means ~4,5-4.6GHz Allcore Boost, 4,9GHz short term Peak Boost with only 2 Threads or something like that.

And 4.4GHz Base

Or around +10% on 2700X.

I'm afraid of the lack on durability... idk. :S

4.6 is way too low :(

With oc we can get what? 4.8 tops?

CPU: AMD 3700x 4300mhz 1.3v                                                     Cooling: CoolerMaster ML240L

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wi-Fi)                    RAM: 2x8GB G.SKILL 3600MHz Trident Z RGB CL16

PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 750W 80+ Gold                                      GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB GD6

13 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Yeah, had an Intel CPU die on me.

Shit happens, sadly.

13 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Well:
https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/halloffame

World Records are mostly AMD CPUs with one old Intel Netburst Cellery...

We need to wait what the CPU will bring, how much the Performance increased at the same clock and how the clockrate increased.

Clockrate is just one part in the equation.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

27 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

I can't speak for the 1700x or 3700x, but my 2700x only gets to 4.2GHz all-core with 1.344v. The highest I've ever seen another 2700x go on all core was 4.3GHz and that was with a very beefy cooler and 1.448v. My rig with a 9700K goes to 5.0 at 1.328v (I keep it at 4.8, though, while being undervolted at 1.236v). My rig with a 6700K goes to 4.7GHz at 1.296v.

What about my fps, what do you guys think? :(

6 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I can't speak for the 1700x or 3700x, but my 2700x only gets to 4.2GHz all-core with 1.344v. The highest I've ever seen another 2700x go on all core was 4.3GHz and that was with a very beefy cooler and 1.448v. My rig with a 9700K goes to 5.0 at 1.328v (I keep it at 4.8, though, while being undervolted at 1.236v). My rig with a 6700K goes to 4.7GHz at 1.296v.

And about your fps? where do you get more? :S

18 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yeah, had an Intel CPU die on me.

Shit happens, sadly.

Well:
https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cpu_frequency/halloffame

World Records are mostly AMD CPUs with one old Intel Netburst Cellery...

We need to wait what the CPU will bring, how much the Performance increased at the same clock and how the clockrate increased.

Clockrate is just one part in the equation.

Damn, 8Ghz! ?

But for gaming... clock is more important, no?

10 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

And about your fps? where do you get more? :S

Oh definitely on the 9700K without a doubt. Although I will say the experience on the 2700x is also good, just not AS good. There is a big price gap between those 2 chips, though. And in most games today I see the 9400F or 9600K as being more the sweet spot. Both of those chips still outperform the 2700x (even when it's OCed), and come close enough to the 9700K performance level for a lot less (especially in the case of the 9400F). Of course the 9600K can be OCed where the 9400F can't be.

HOWEVER it's definitely going to be best to wait for Zen2 to release because regardless of which you choose, you'll either get something better from AMD or you'll get a price drop and/or response from Intel. Win-win.

34 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Damn, 8Ghz! ?

But for gaming... clock is more important, no?

No, its more complicated than that.

Its not about the Jigahertz, its about what the Processor actually does and can calculate. 

Clockrate helps in certain cases but when you compare Bulldozer to Ryzen, you see that a 3GHz Ryzen just annihilates the 5GHz Bulldozer for various reasons.

As for Zen2, we know that the Boards will be released between 27th of May and 1st of June. Biostar was so nice to leak the release date of those...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

21 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, its more complicated than that.

Its not about the Jigahertz, its about what the Processor actually does and can calculate. 

Clockrate helps in certain cases but when you compare Bulldozer to Ryzen, you see that a 3GHz Ryzen just annihilates the 5GHz Bulldozer for various reasons.

As for Zen2, we know that the Boards will be released between 27th of May and 1st of June. Biostar was so nice to leak the release date of those...

Let's see, I'm really hoping that the 7nn comes with "super powers"! :P 

And since I'm not going to have any Nvidia xx80 card... as far I saw on youtube the fps difference is not that huge... on 2080ti for example I saw differences of almost 30fps, but on 2060 it was like 5fps tops.

I'm way more positive now... and if I stream it.. it will be better to have more cores...

3 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Let's see, I'm really hoping that the 7nn comes with "super powers"! :P 

And since I'm not going to have any Nvidia xx80 card... as far I saw on youtube the fps difference is not that huge... on 2080ti for example I saw differences of almost 30fps, but on 2060 it was like 5fps tops.

I'm way more positive now... and if I stream it.. it will be better to have more cores...

@jerubedo does even suggest the 2700X over his Intel prefers (as I've seen in several previous posts) when streaming gameplay is on the table, because Ryzen may drop a few FPS behind in single core, but it handles multi core processing better. 

1 minute ago, trevb0t said:

@jerubedo does even suggest the 2700X over his Intel prefers (as I've seen in several previous posts) when streaming gameplay is on the table, because Ryzen may drop a few FPS behind in single core, but it handles multi core processing better. 

Yes, that is a strong point compared to the Intel...

3 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

Yes, that is a strong point compared to the Intel...

Yeah, my preferences for gaming, as it stands right now, is for Intel because the numbers (FPS avg and lows) are better (I follow the numbers). When streaming is thrown into the mix, it's very hard to say no to Ryzen because those same numbers drop less.

Edit: except, of course, for the 9900K. That wins in everything right now. lol.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:24 PM, jerubedo said:

Yeah, my preferences for gaming, as it stands right now, is for Intel because the numbers (FPS avg and lows) are better (I follow the numbers). When streaming is thrown into the mix, it's very hard to say no to Ryzen because those same numbers drop less.

Edit: except, of course, for the 9900K. That wins in everything right now. lol.

xD

Out of my budget tho... haha

Btw, about RAM? What RAM should I buy, I saw that Ryzens work better with faster rams, ofc Intel also, but the difference is bigger on AMD right?

8 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

xD

Out of my budget tho... haha

Btw, about RAM? What RAM should I buy, I saw that Ryzens work better with faster rams, ofc Intel also, but the difference is bigger on AMD right?

Dual channel at 3000-3200 is the general rule. I'd do 16GB for a gaming pc of this budget. Was it U.S. pricing?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wZ22FT/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmk16gx4m2d3000c16

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HG97YJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-at-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bls2k8g4d32aestk

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb

Here are some good leads. There are lower prices, but these are the tried and true brands. (I especially like those black spreaders on the Ripjaws. Kinda sexy.)

On 4/27/2019 at 12:41 AM, trevb0t said:

Dual channel at 3000-3200 is the general rule. I'd do 16GB for a gaming pc of this budget. Was it U.S. pricing?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wZ22FT/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmk16gx4m2d3000c16

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/HG97YJ/crucial-ballistix-sport-at-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-memory-bls2k8g4d32aestk

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cf98TW/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvkb

Here are some good leads. There are lower prices, but these are the tried and true brands. (I especially like those black spreaders on the Ripjaws. Kinda sexy.)

It's European price... I'm from portugal.

I was watching a 4000mhz CL18-20-20-44, is it good?
What do you suggest, does it changes a lot compared to one 3200mhz?

The ram i talked about is this one:
Team Group Kit 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 4000MHz Xcalibur RGB Special Edition

Here it costs around 200€ so +/- 220 USD.

GSkill was my wish, but its too expensive... and both have 10y warranty.

4 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

It's European price... I'm from portugal.

I was watching a 4000mhz CL18-20-20-44, is it good?
What do you suggest, does it changes a lot compared to one 3200mhz?

The ram i talked about is this one:
Team Group Kit 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 4000MHz Xcalibur RGB Special Edition

Here it costs around 200€ so +/- 220 USD.

GSkill was my wish, but its too expensive... and both have 10y warranty.

I wouldn't. While faster speed sounds good, the CL means CAS Latency, and really anything over 3200 starts getting more and more delay with that speed.

For gaming the sweet spot is 3000 - 3200 because it's nice an fast for your CPU, but it still sits around 14-16 on the CL timings.

This is better for gaming, where those higher speeds and higher CL don't matter so much and help with like server processing.

if you can find 3000-3200 with 14 CL, that's some good RAM. A lot of the affordable stuff is going to be at 16. 

Either way, if it doesn't cost too much extra, pay attention to those numbers.

12 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

if you can find 3000-3200 with 14 CL, that's some good RAM. A lot of the affordable stuff is going to be at 16. 

Either way, if it doesn't cost too much extra, pay attention to those numbers.

I found GSkill at 250€ 3200 CL14.

Does it worth the extra 50€?

What I normaly do is:

Compare by using this table:
XAnAaZZ.png

Search some benchmarks on YouTube. In this case I found this, but its comparing to 4133 cl19.

1 minute ago, Tiago8v said:

I found GSkill at 250€ 3200 CL14.

Does it worth the extra 50€?

What I normaly do is:

Compare by using this table:
XAnAaZZ.png

Search some benchmarks on YouTube. In this case I found this, but its comparing to 4133 cl19.

You could. It depends on how tight your budget is.

I personally would spend the $50 toward a GPU upgrade or something.

23 hours ago, trevb0t said:

You could. It depends on how tight your budget is.

I personally would spend the $50 toward a GPU upgrade or something.

Yeah, true... since the 4000 are cheaper, I think i will go for them. After all the nanoseconds difference is not that huge to spend more 50€. :)
Thanks man!