Dead Monitor?

AxisHax
Go to solution Solved by Wufflez,
19 minutes ago, AxisHax said:

Oof, I didn't read your comment. I borrowed a monitor from a friend and it worked, so it was 100% what you thought. It wasn't expensive, but it kind of sucks having to get a new one.

Sorry for the late response.

No worries. Yeah it does suck, but monitors don't last forever.. unless you open them up and re-solder/replace parts. Big hassle.

A few days ago my monitor started having problems when turning the PC on.

Most of the times it would stay black for minutes and then it would show the sign in screen. Now it doesn't even do that, it just stays black.

First I tried the usual stuff (restarting the PC, unplug-plug the monitor, unplug-plug the PC, inverted the display cable, etcetera) but nothing solved the problem. Then I removed the graphics card and booted the PC with the iGPU: no result. I installed the graphics card again: no result. I removed the graphics card and cleared the CMOS: no result either.

I think I should mention that when the screen is black Windows doesn't make any sound, I unplugged and plugged peripherals but it didn't make any sound. That makes me think that it could be something else.

By the way, I also tried removing the SSD so it would go to the BIOS but the screen remained black.

While the monitor is on, are you able to get the settings and configuration to come up with the physical buttons on the monitor?

9 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

While the monitor is on, are you able to get the settings and configuration to come up with the physical buttons on the monitor?

Nope, they do nothing.

The blue LED light in the power button of the monitor blinks like when it's in sleep mode but slower, it does a long blink sort of. Also the graphics card's fans turn off a few seconds after turning the PC on but I think that's a default setting, I don't know.

10 minutes ago, AxisHax said:

The blue LED light in the power button of the monitor blinks like when it's in sleep mode but slower, it does a long blink sort of. Also the graphics card's fans turn off a few seconds after turning the PC on but I think that's a default setting, I don't know.

Sounds pretty dead to me. Hope it wasn't expensive.

29 minutes ago, Wufflez said:

Sounds pretty dead to me. Hope it wasn't expensive.

I'm going to try a different screen, I should've done that first maybe :$

7 hours ago, AxisHax said:

I'm going to try a different screen, I should've done that first maybe :$

Let me know how that goes. I'm curious too.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:37 AM, Wufflez said:

Let me know how that goes. I'm curious too.

Oof, I didn't read your comment. I borrowed a monitor from a friend and it worked, so it was 100% what you thought. It wasn't expensive, but it kind of sucks having to get a new one.

19 minutes ago, AxisHax said:

No worries. Yeah it does suck, but monitors don't last forever.. unless you open them up and re-solder/replace parts. Big hassle.