Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - Sharing Drive

All,

I have admitted defeat. My google skills have failed me. I have a really simple task of sharing folders and files between two Windows 10 computers via an unmanaged network switch.

However, one of the computers is running "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 1803" the other computer is running Vanilla Windows 10 Pro.  

The problems is the computer with "Workstation" can only see a couple of computers on the network and it is unable to connect to any of the computers that have shared a folder. 

I have tried setting services to automatic like SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host, and Function Discovery Services. I also have SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support. 

I went through this guide, yet I obviously have the same problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connecting-pcs-and-users-for-sharing/fb92e439-5dbc-4367-9857-1ef360e9ffdf

Anyone one else run into something like this? 

Thank you,

Did you try opening File Explorer and type in the address bar: \\<computer name>

Sor for example, if your computer name you want to connect is: KrampusWorkstation2000, you type in: \\KrampusWorkstation2000, hit Enter and wait.

Yep, am able to sign in and view folders on the Windows 10 machine, just not the other way around.

when i try to connect the "workstation" computer I get the following ErrorCapture.PNG.4970418f8c564783260fff895479d103.PNG

Have you tried disabling the windows firewall and see if it works?

Nope not part of a domain I have a old Domain server, however its not used anymore as it doesn't work with windows 7+ and not part of a workgroup because that has been removed from 1803 and beyond. 

windows-10-homegroup-removed

Have you tried disabling the need for a password?

Network center --> Advanced settings for shares --> All networks (at the very bottom)