LF a wqhd Monitor for coding and gaming

I am looking for a monitor for programming and gaming. Due to this I have some questions:

1) Which panel type would you recommend for coding and gaming?

2) Which aspect ratio? I like 16:9 and 21:9 but cant decide. 21:9 with high refresh rate, ips/va panel and wqhd is expensive.

3) If 16:9, would you recommend a bigger monitor than 27'', for example 32'' at wqhd? If yes, what about the pixel density?

The monitor should have at least high refresh rate. Cant go back to 60hz!

The budget does not matter.

My current monitor: Asus VG248qe

I just basically recommend BenQ monitors to everyone, I use a zowie gaming monitor from them for gaming and work, never been happier with a monitor I've had. They've got good colours, good refresh rates, great panels all around. 21:9 might be useful for long code lines but other than that I don't know what the benefit would be. at wqhd I don't see the pixel density difference between 27 and 32 being a huge issue, I'd probably go with the larger one just  because the extra space is nice to have sometimes.

For gaming (assuming you're not playing games like CS:GO competitively) the best panel type would be IPS, then it'd be VA. TN doesn't offer as good colors and viewing angles as those two.

IMO 27" 1440p 144Hz is a sweet-spot for gaming and when it's also a good IPS panel it's just an amazing experience.

I recommend you check out the AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, it recently got certified by Nvidia as "G-Sync Compatible" so you can use variable refresh rate with both AMD and Nvidia cards on it. It has a high-quality IPS panel, 144Hz refresh rate etc.

Linus did a review of that monitor:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

On 4/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, Morgan MLGman said:

For gaming (assuming you're not playing games like CS:GO competitively) the best panel type would be IPS, then it'd be VA. TN doesn't offer as good colors and viewing angles as those two.

IMO 27" 1440p 144Hz is a sweet-spot for gaming and when it's also a good IPS panel it's just an amazing experience.

I recommend you check out the AORUS AD27QD Tactical Monitor, it recently got certified by Nvidia as "G-Sync Compatible" so you can use variable refresh rate with both AMD and Nvidia cards on it. It has a high-quality IPS panel, 144Hz refresh rate etc.

Linus did a review of that monitor:

First thank you for your answer and sorry for my late response!  I read on your signature that you have this Display. The monitor is looking decent. Is it true that you can only get 10bit at 120hz? How is the real input lag? Maybe I will get this monitor for productivity and single player games and I will play on my Asus 144hz 1080p competitive fps games. 

On 4/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, imbrock said:

I just basically recommend BenQ monitors to everyone, I use a zowie gaming monitor from them for gaming and work, never been happier with a monitor I've had. They've got good colours, good refresh rates, great panels all around. 21:9 might be useful for long code lines but other than that I don't know what the benefit would be. at wqhd I don't see the pixel density difference between 27 and 32 being a huge issue, I'd probably go with the larger one just  because the extra space is nice to have sometimes.

First thank you for your answer and sorry for my late response! My friend has the BenQ Zowie XL2411. He is happy like you with it. Does BenQ have decent 1440p IPS displays?

57 minutes ago, notoq said:

First thank you for your answer and sorry for my late response!  I read on your signature that you have this Display. The monitor is looking decent. Is it true that you can only get 10bit at 120hz? How is the real input lag? Maybe I will get this monitor for productivity and single player games and I will play on my Asus 144hz 1080p competitive fps games. 

First thank you for your answer and sorry for my late response! My friend has the BenQ Zowie XL2411. He is happy like you with it. Does BenQ have decent 1440p IPS displays?

They do, the one I'm using now is, https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Tournaments-Professional-XL2730/dp/B01H5KKVME

Though as I was looking around for them on amazon I was only seeing 1080p versions for some reason, I also notice they only go up to 27"

5 hours ago, notoq said:

Yes, when you set it to 120Hz Windows reports the color depth to be 10-bit. Input lag is not noiceable, seriously. And if you really notice it, you can make it around 1ms real response time when you use the Aim Stabilizer feature - it's for fast-paced games but when you use it, you trade image quality and brightness for lower input lag.

Though with that said, I never use that feature because I honestly can't notice the input lag as it is.

P.S. This monitor just got certified by Nvidia as being one of the 24 panels that are "G-Sync Compatible" and its FreeSync experience with Nvidia cards is pretty much flawless. It also works with HDR turned on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White