extremely hot processor in idle condition

As you can see from the below image of my laptop in idle condition where no other program is currently running ( expect cleaner in background) still it's temp is raising till 90 C for no reason, how to avoid it,

Whats-App-Image-2019-04-20-at-10-25-20-P

Laptop specs.

LAPCAC.jpg

LAPCPU.jpgLAPGRAPHGIC.jpg

LAPM.jpg

LAPMAIN.jpg

LAPSPD.jpg

I installed windows 10 32 bit.

lAPTOP MODEL - lenovo e4325

Have you checked the fan? Mabye the fan isn't working correctly.

One Love.

ATB☯️

You could try applying a new thermal compound, if you're able to take the laptop apart a bit.

A girl who loves to love.

7 minutes ago, d4yh said:

Have you checked the fan? Mabye the fan isn't working correctly.

When i placed my ears near the laptop when i switch it on, i can hear the fans start to run.

6 minutes ago, Aimi said:

You could try applying a new thermal compound, if you're able to take the laptop apart a bit.

Yeah i will try

Or is it due to installing Win 10 to a 2gb ram laptop.

1 minute ago, ryzenuser said:

Unless your CPU usage is constantly high, I wouldn't imagine the change of OS causing the heat. Might be wrong though. 

A girl who loves to love.

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Unless your CPU usage is constantly high, I wouldn't imagine the change of OS causing the heat. Might be wrong though. 

But as i said nothing is running in background. I will try installing windows 7.

2 minutes ago, ryzenuser said:

When i placed my ears near the laptop when i switch it on, i can hear the fans start to run.

Yeah i will try

its dowloading updates, you said its idle, your screenshot literally shows it's not idle, at all.

Whats-App-Image-2019-04-20-at-10-25-20-P

CPU TOTAL : 62.5%

CPU CORE #1 : 43.8%

CPU CORE #2 : 81.3% <- You think this is idle?

Frankly im surprised im the first one to notice this at teh time of typing....

1 hour ago, Benjeh said:

its dowloading updates, you said its idle, your screenshot literally shows it's not idle, at all. 

CPU TOTAL : 62.5%

CPU CORE #1 : 43.8%

CPU CORE #2 : 81.3% <- You think this is idle?

Frankly im surprised im the first one to notice this at teh time of typing....

that's what i am confused as you can see from the task bar nothing is opened expect the temperature  monitoring software and ccleaner is running in background but still how the CPu usage is 80%.

11 minutes ago, ryzenuser said:

that's what i am confused as you can see from the task bar nothing is opened expect the temperature  monitoring software and ccleaner is running in background but still how the CPu usage is 80%.

Fresh install of win 10? Why are you running CCleaner? Its not at idle, your disk is being used 21% again look at your screenshot, I'm going to hazard a guess that windows update is running in the background....

3 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Fresh install of win 10? Why are you running CCleaner? Its not at idle, your disk is being used 21% again look at your screenshot, I'm going to hazard a guess that windows update is running in the background.... 

But windows updates can't be running for 2-3 days , as it is happening for past few days , however i would just use this laptop like 1-2  hours per day.

5 minutes ago, ryzenuser said:

But windows updates can't be running for 2-3 days , as it is happening for past few days , however i would just use this laptop like 1-2  hours per day.

open up task manager, see what's going on mate, also check windows update in settings. I can't help you further based on the information given I'm advising one thing you're saying its not possible.

Further information required.

32 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

open up task manager, see what's going on mate, also check windows update in settings. I can't help you further based on the information given I'm advising one thing you're saying its not possible.

Further information required. 

Here is task manger with temperature.

t1.jpeg

t2.jpeg

t3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ryzenuser said:

Here is task manger with temperature.

That's now idle, Looks like you need to take the thing apart, clean out the fan and cooler unit's fins. I would see if the heatsink is copper or not, if copper i'd be tempted to use liquid metal on the die, but i'd use nail polish to protect any uncovered possible shorts. but...... I'm not the common user.

If you have some thermal paste its time to replace, if not thermal grizzly has very high thermal conductivity. Laptops really suffer from heat issues. Summer is a death sentence for them, high ambient temps, crappy cooler, doesn't take a genius to see that its not a good combo.

Thats the best actual advice i can give you.

6 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

That's now idle, Looks like you need to take the thing apart, clean out the fan and cooler unit's fins. I would see if the heatsink is copper or not, if copper i'd be tempted to use liquid metal on the die, but i'd use nail polish to protect any uncovered possible shorts. but...... I'm not the common user.

If you have some thermal paste its time to replace, if not thermal grizzly has very high thermal conductivity. Laptops really suffer from heat issues. Summer is a death sentence for them, high ambient temps, crappy cooler, doesn't take a genius to see that its not a good combo. 

Thats the best actual advice i can give you. 

Thanks bro, i will try cleaning the parts, and reapplying thermal paste.

Also in my opinion i think Windows 10 32 bit is too much for the laptop with 2gb ram to handle may be that would be the cause, so reinstalling with windows 7 or xp may fix it, please share your opinions. @Benjeh

Also in my opinion i think Windows 10 32 bit is too much for the laptop with 2gb ram to handle may be that would be the cause, so reinstalling with windows 7 or xp may fix it, please share your opinions.

windows installed 32bit as you only have 2gb of ram, windows 7 will probably do the same and XP is trash and no longer has support, so thats a yikes from me.

2 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

windows installed 32bit as you only have 2gb of ram, windows 7 will probably do the same and XP is trash and no longer has support, so thats a yikes from me. 

completely in agreement with you, but all i am going to do in this old low specs laptop is just browse , watch online videos or play videos, nothing more than that, so XP isn't just more than enough for this purpose?

or  can i increase my ram to 4gb, will it help?

@ryzenuser try undervolting your CPU. Here's some instructions on how to do it: 

- Download Intel XTU and AIDA64, and restart your system.

- Open up Intel XTU and click 'advanced tuning' on the left side.

- Set the Core Voltage Offset to -0.025V and stress test your CPU (run AIDA64) for 10 to 15 minutes. 

- If AIDA64 doesn't crash, continue to undervolt your CPU by increments of -0.025V.

- If AIDA64 does crash or you get a BSOD, dial back the Core Voltage Offset to something you know is stable.

- To give you some context, my 4700HQ dropped 15°C under load with a -0.125V undervolt.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, ryzenuser said:

completely in agreement with you, but all i am going to do in this old low specs laptop is just browse , watch online videos or play videos, nothing more than that, so XP isn't just more than enough for this purpose?

So you wan't to browse the net full of spyware etc with an operating system riddled with security issues? win10 32 will be plenty for what you want my man.

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

- Set the Core Voltage Offset to -0.025V and stress test your CPU (run AIDA64) for 10 to 15 minutes. 

- If AIDA64 doesn't crash, continue to undervolt your CPU by increments of -0.025V.

- If AIDA64 does crash or you get a BSOD, dial back the Core Voltage Offset to something you know is stable.

- To give you some context, my 4700HQ dropped 15°C under load with a -0.125V undervolt.

Its in an old laptop mate, i don;t thin his bios etc will allow what you're asking him to do....

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

thanks mate, I will definitely do that and post the results soon.

thanks mate, I will definitely do that and post the results soon.

You can try, but i doubt your laptop motherboard will allow it.

1 minute ago, Benjeh said:

So you wan't to browse the net full of spyware etc with an operating system riddled with security issues? win10 32 will be plenty for what you want my man.

Its in an old laptop mate, i don;t thin his bios etc will allow what you're asking him to do....

Yeah that's true, actually once i tried to lower some memory from ram which was allotted to integrated graphics as i will never play game on this laptop , but oddly i never found any option in the bios for doing such adjustment.

3 minutes ago, ryzenuser said:

Yeah that's true, actually once i tried to lower some memory from ram which was allotted to integrated graphics as i will never play game on this laptop , but oddly i never found any option in the bios for doing such adjustment.

Not surprised considering its from 2012 and is AMD. That cpu is 64bit enabled so you can force a 64bit version of windows if you fancy and possibly slide some more ram in there, up to you considering you're gaining access to the motherboard.

1 hour ago, Benjeh said:

Not true.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Not true.

User has confirmed that he had no options you've stated to change.
So yes, true.

1 hour ago, ryzenuser said: