i need some help

just got a killer deal on a desk top and 5 labtops im trying to get into pc builds and I have a very nice desktop here I bought from a robotics company near me for like 10 dollars and these are the specs

Intel(r) core(tm) i7-4930k cpu @ 3.40ghz 3.40 ghz I think it can go to 3.9 turbo

32.0 gb of ram I wana know what I have here and I put a GeForce gt 710 just to hav hdmi ports its got 250gb Samsung ssd and 1 tb harddrive. if you could help me figure out what I have and what upgrades I should consider pls help

20190411_175854.thumb.jpg.46448d103944974a05f0489053d221e9.jpg20190411_180038.thumb.jpg.9ed7dca3408b14524827f47b8bfe6044.jpg

32GB RAM is more than enough in most cases, maybe just a GPU upgrade? Still a good CPU.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

how did u do that sir and could u help me know if I can overclock this thing and how

is the above is that what I have im inside it now I wana know what I have 

2 minutes ago, CurtTurt said:

how did u do that sir and could u help me know if I can overclock this thing and how

Personally I would just leave it stock until you do extensive research on overclocking, that can easily destroy a nice rig like that.

What kind of budget are you working with ? That would make choosing a GPU easier, what are you all planning on running on it, games / applications.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

well I want to eventually move all my gaming to this so apex pubg runescape Minecraft skyrim and im on a tight budget but im getin a extention on my tax return so maby 400$-550% max I have an inspiron 17 7000 im also thinking of trading bc its retail value is 1099dollars at bestbuy near me

I got 5 labtops desktop 2 27 inch hp 60 hz monitors for 87 dollars

do u need more pictures to help me know whats the current hardware im holding so I can get info I will need lateron

does linus have a discord

For something cheap and good a 1070 would handle all of that with ease.

ok well asfar as figuring out my hardware goes would u be willing to help me on discord

Just now, CurtTurt said:

ok well asfar as figuring out my hardware goes would u be willing to help me on discord

Don't have discord, soz other than a few forums I'm not on any social media lol

neither am I jus really want to know what I got for this price and what it can do I think I found my mother board

P9X79 - Asus LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I need to know what kind and speed my ram is

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, that socket is limited to a few CPUs.  From that one there really isn't much of an upgrade path at all.   That CPU is roughly a Ryzen 5 1600 in terms of power, iirc.

Yeah, the 4930K is already at the upper end,

There might be an 8 Core Xeon CPU available, that's also overclockable but that one might be really really expensive.

That system looks pretty good and isn't really upradable or makes sense to do so right now.

However, mit might be possible to get a good amount of money for it if it is getting sold.

The Board might fetch something like 150€, CPU also in that 

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'd get a better PSU and a better GPU.  Everything else is fine.

Yeah, its a good idea anyway.

But the 850W S12-II Bronze at least has DC-DC but despite the size of the Heatsinks seems to be on the loud side.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"