Windows 10 Pro 64bit

aBrokeGamer

So I went to win10 from win 7 and I need help, I have limited network access as I use data and I know Windows updates alot, is there any way to deactivate this completely and only update if I ask for it, also I want my PC to use as little internet connection as possible so how do I stop those live titles and random sh#t dowloading and updating, like cortana and anything else.

sorry for long post...

TL:DR, stop Windows from doing what I don't and can't want it to do and use little internet...

also under advanced in the update section, make sure Automatically download updates, even over metered data connections is off.

There should also be a way to let windows know you're on a metered connection

edit: Found it Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection.

I haven't updated windows in a few weeks because I have this enabled and haven't booted up at home in a few weeks.

Go look at the windows settings for updates and make it not download updates on data.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, aBrokeGamer said:

So I went to win10 from win 7 and I need help, I have limited network access as I use data and I know Windows updates alot, is there any way to deactivate this completely and only update if I ask for it, also I want my PC to use as little internet connection as possible so how do I stop those live titles and random sh#t dowloading and updating, like cortana and anything else.

sorry for long post...

TL:DR, stop Windows from doing what I don't and can't want it to do and use little internet...

Just go under Start > Settings (gear icon) > Update & Security > Delivery Optimization.

From there you can disable your system from torrent updated (Windows update and apps from the Store updates), and instead only do it internally in your home/work place, or disable the whole thing and only get them from Microsoft servers.

Then, on the same screen go to "Advanced Options", and here you can throttle updates downloads and uploads (uploads applies if you have the torrenting feature enabled on the previous screen)